chapter 62

I'm trying to sleep but I get woken up by a loud knock on the door. I open my eyes slowly.

I sigh, getting out of bed. I pull on my boxers and go to answer it. "Mer, why are you knocking?" I smile, rubbing my eyes. "Why are you naked?" She giggles.

"I got hot" I say. "Put on some clothes quickly" she says. I go and put on my pyjamas and shoes. She holds my hand and I follow her all the way outside.

"Its freezing!" I whine as we stand, looking at the snow. I hug her tightly from behind. "Give me your coat" I say. "No, come here" she giggles, hugging me back.

"How are you not cold!?" I ask. "I have on two of your shirts and one of your hoodies under this coat" she grins. I chuckle.

"Did you come all the way here just to show me the snow?" I ask. She nods. I smile. "You should've called me, I would've picked you up" I say. "I took a cab" she says. I sigh.

"If it makes you feel any better, I paid for it with your money" she says. I chuckle softly.

Merediths pov:
"Come here" I smile, holding his hands. He kisses me. He puts his hands on my waist instead to pull me closer.

I pull away slowly as I feel how much he's shaking. "Do you wanna go back up?" I ask. He nods. I hold his hand and lead him back inside. He steps infront of me to open all the doors for me, which was really sweet.

He sits on the couch. "I'm sorry baby, I should've made you grab a coat" I rush into the bedroom to get some blankets. I wrap him in them. I kneel infront of him to give him some kisses. He's shaking.

"Do you want a hot chocolate?" I ask. "Yes please" he nods. I go and turn on the heating before making him a hot chocolate.

"Baby! Sit down!" I say as he follows me into the kitchen. He hugs me. "I want you to come and cuddle with me" he says. "I'm making you hot chocolate" I say.

"Go and get under your blankets" I smile as he kisses my cheek. He goes back to the couch.

I go over and give him his hot chocolate. I pull off the coat I'm wearing and climb onto his lap. "Did you miss me last night?" He asks. "Of course" I grin.

"How's daddy?" He asks in a teasing voice. I sigh. "He doesn't want me to move in with you" I say. "Why not?" He asks. "H-He doesn't think we're gonna end up together" I frown slightly.

"Why? Did I do something? I thought he liked me" he chuckles in disbelief. "He saw pictures of.." I trail off. "What?" He asks.

"I have this friend from when I was little, and daddy saw paparazzi pictures of us two hanging out.. and he thinks that I'm basically gonna leave you for him" I say quietly.

I look at him. I can't read his facial expressions. "Its rubbish, baby.. of course I'm not" I roll my eyes.

"Who's the friend?" He asks. "His name is jack" I say. "You've never told me about him" his body stiffens slightly. "You never talk about you'd childhood friends" I say. "Mark is my childhood friend!" He says.

"I shouldn't have even said anything" I get up. "No, keep talking please" he stands up.

"Derek please don't make this into a thing.. I haven't even seen Jack since we started dating until recently" I say. "Has anything ever happened between you two?" He asks. "I.. used to have a bit of a crush on him" I say quietly 

His jaw visibly clenches and he takes a deep breath. "When did you hang out with him?" He asks. "Last week" I say. "The week you told me you couldn't come round because you were too busy with work and family stuff?" He asks.

"His family were invited around to my house" I say quietly. "And you just failed to mention that to me.. even though we talked everyday?" He asks. "I didn't want you to think anything was going on" I say.

"I'm sorry, what were the paparazzi pictures of?" He furrows his brows. "We were just getting coffee and he hugged me before we left" I say. "You went on a date with him.. is that what you're saying?" He chuckles. "No!" I yell.

He sits back down on the couch. "Are you mad?" I ask. "A little" he says. He's never really been mad at me before.

"I'm sorry" I say. I feel awkward. I don't know what to do. He looks up at me. "Come here" he whispers, putting his hands on my thighs. I straddle him.

I frown, looking down. "I am really sorry" I whisper. "I trust you, meredith.. literally with everything, but I don't like that you kept it from me like that" he says. "I won't keep anything from you again, I promise" I say.

"You can have secrets, mer.. I'm not trying to be really possessive or anything.. I just would like to know if you're hanging out with other guys that I don't even know" he says.

"I understand.. I'd be really angry if you hung out with a girl without telling me" I say quietly.

"You promise me you don't have feelings for him anymore?" He whispers. "I promise.. the only guy I have the hots for is you" I grin. He smiles. "Okay baby" he whispers.

"So.. are we okay?" I ask. "Of course" he puts his hands on my cheeks. "Do you want to meet Jack?" I ask. "Um.. sure" he says hesitantly. "He's really nice, i promise" I grin.

"Would you prefer it if I invited over all of my friends at the same time.. to make it a bit less awkward?" I ask. He nods. "But you have to stay by my side the whole time" he says. "Okay" I chuckle. He kisses me.

"That was our first real fight" I pout. "Would you like to go out in the snow again? We can take arlo out" he suggests. I nod enthusiastically. He smiles.

I get up and run to get arlos lead. "Baby" he says. I look at him. "I love you" he says. "I love you too" I run back over and hug him.

Has everyone listened to 1898 (taylors version)???????? I haveee