chapter 8

Derek's pov:
Yesterday was mine and merediths date. Now its 10pm the next day. Im going to call her but I don't know what to say.

I was going to kiss her but she gave me an awkward hug instead. Does she even want me to call her? Is she interested?

I pick up the phone and call her. "Hey" She says. "Hi meredith" I say. "Oh, hi derek" she says. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm good, how are you?" She asks. "I'm good too" I say.

"Um.. I have a day off tomorrow, I was wondering if you'd like to meet up?" I ask. "Im working all day tomorrow" she says. She's not interested.

"But I'm free right now" she says. "Its 10pm" I say. "So?" She says. I smile. "You wanna come over to mine?" I ask. "To do what?" She asks. "Have you eaten yet?" I ask. "Nope.. I was going to order a takeaway" she says.

"I'll cook for you" I say. "Okay" she says. "You want me to pick you up?" I ask. "I'll take a cab" she says. "I'm coming to pick you up" i say. "Okay" she giggles. "See you in ten" I say. "See ya" she says. I hang up.

When I arrived at her house I text her and she comes downstairs. "You could've rang the bell, my parents are still out of town" she giggles. "Oh" I say.

"You ready?" I ask. She nods. "You look gorgeous" I say. She's wearing a tight black dress with a denim jacket over it. "Thanks, you look really nice too" she says. I'm wearing dark blue trousers with a white shirt.

"I was thinking we could go to my parents instead.. is that okay?" I ask. "Oh, why?" She asks. "My sisters called because they don't have anything to eat.. so I was hoping I could cook for all of you?" I say.

"Yes, that's okay" she says. "You sure? I can send them money for takeout if not" I say. "No, that sounds good" she says. "Okay great" I smile. We get in my car and I drive us there.

We walk in. All of my sisters are sat in. Kathleen gets up. "Hey mer" she says. "Hi kath" she hugs her. They sit next to eachother on the couch.

"You wanna help me cook, amy?" I look at her. She nods. We go to the kitchen. "How's mom?" I ask. "She's not left her room since the funeral" she says. I sigh quietly. "She just needs time" I say.

"Oh, hey" I smile as meredith walks in. "Hi, I thought I'd come and talk to you whilst you're cooking" she smiles, standing next to me. "Great" I smile at her.

"Hi" she says to amelia. "Hi" amelia says. "Do you remember me? I'm Kathleen's friend" she asks. "A little.. you look different" amelia says. "So do you.. I love your dress" meredith says. Amelia smiles. "Thanks" she says.

"What are you cooking?" Meredith asks. "Spaghetti" I say. "Daddy always said to make a girl Spaghetti and you'll have her heart forever" amelia says. I look at meredith. She just smiles.

"Big Spaghetti fans then?" She asks. "My dad was Italian" I say. "Oh! So yes then" she chuckles. I grin, nodding.

"Is your mom?" She asks. "Nope.. so we're half" he says. "My grandma's Italian.. but my dad was adopted, so I'm not, but my dad is a really good cook" she says. "Did your dad not.. teach you?" I ask. "Hey!" She hits me. I chuckle. She giggles.

"You mind if I sit on the counter?" She asks. "Of course not" I say. She tries to climb up but can't. I chuckle. "May I?" I ask. She nods. I put my hands on her hips and lift her up. She's sat infront of me, next to the stove. "Thanks" she says.

Me and amelia start cooking. I look down and see that my top is covered in sweat because of how hot it is in here and has gone almost completely see through. That's what I get for wearing white.

I look at meredith. A smile creeps onto my face as I realise she's checking me out. "Meredith" I put my hand on her thigh, just under where her dress ends to get her attention.

She gasps quietly, snapping out of it. "Yes?" She blushes. "Can you just move your legs a sec please?" I ask. She pulls them up so I can get into the drawer under her to grab something. I close it. "Thanks" I say. She puts her legs back down.

"Amy, watch the food please.. I'm gonna go and say hi to mom" I say. "Okay" amelia says. "Please watch amy near the stove" I whisper in merediths ear. "Okay" she smiles.

I go upstairs. "Shes-" a maid says to me. "Its okay, thankyou" I say. I walk into my mom's room.

"Hi mom" I sit next to her on her bed. She looks at me. She sits up slowly. "How are you?" I ask. Stupid question. Her husband just died. "Why are you here?" She asks. "I'm cooking for the girls.. I brought a friend over too" I say. "Oh" she says.

"You want any food?" I ask. "What are you making?" She asks. "Spaghetti" I say. "Is she a special girl?" She asks.

"How did-" I furrow my brows. "Dad cooked me Spaghetti on our first date.. where do you think he got the idea from?.. that's why he told you it" she smiles small. I smile.

"She is.. we went on our first date yesterday" I say. She smiles a little wider. "Can I meet her?" She asks. "Yes mom, definitely" I say.

"You might have already, actually.. she's called meredith, Kathleen's friend?" I ask. "I don't think so" she says. "Oh" I say. We both get up.

"You want me to leave you to get ready?" I ask. She nods. I hug her. She sighs quietly, hugging me back. "I love you mom" I say. "I love you too.. thankyou so much for taking such good care of your sisters" she whispers. "That's okay" I say.

We pull away. "I'll see you downstairs" I say. She nods. I leave the room and go downstairs. I go back to the kitchen.