chapter 48

Last night was so romantic. Derek surprised me when I got home. He'd made a bed for us by the fireplace in the living room of his apartment.

He ordered food from my favourite takeaway place and he read a book to me whilst we cuddled.

Eventually, the book got too sad so I stopped him and we just ended up making love for the rest of the night. It was amazing.

I wake up and open my eyes slowly. I smile as I see derek sleeping next to me. We're both naked, ontop of the covers.

I get up slowly, being careful not to wake him. I go to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

There's a knock at the door. I sigh. I put on my panties and bra before going to answer it. "Woah, hi" mark smirks, scanning my body. "What do you want? Be quiet, Derek's sleeping" I look back at him.

"Okay, I did not need to see my best friends ass first thing in the morning" he makes a face of disgust. I giggle.

"What do you want, mark?" I ask whilst putting on Derek's shirt. "I need to talk to derek" he says. "You can come inside and wait for him to wake up, but he needs his beauty sleep so I'm not waking him" I open the door.

"Can you at least cover him up?" He sits on the couch. I go over and gently pull the covers over him. I kneel down and kiss his cheek softly. I smile as he let's out a quiet snore.

"You two look like you had a fun night" he says. "We did" I sit next to him. "Do you want something to eat?" I ask. "Not if you're cooking it" he says. I give him a dirty look. He chuckles.

"I'll make you something" he gets up. "And derek" I say. "Very well" he gets out all the ingredients.

"Thank you" I sit at the table as he serves me the food. "No problem" he smiles. He puts Derek's plate aside.

I turn around as I hear derek moving. I get up and walk over to him. "Hi baby" I kneel down to him. "Oh god, why is he here?" He groans as he sees mark. I giggle.

"He made you food" I stroke his hair gently. He slowly sits up. I kiss him softly. "Go put some clothes on" I say. He gets up and wraps the blanket around himself before going to the bedroom to get ready. I sit with mark again at the table.

"Mhm, that's so good" I say as I eat the food. He smiles. Derek comes out wearing only his pyjama bottoms. I smile brightly, letting out a small giggle as he hugs me from behind and playfully kisses my neck.

"You know, your girlfriend doesn't give a shit about who she flashes" mark chuckles. "I know" Derek chuckles. "People tend to like it.. and it gets me free stuff sometimes" I say. They both laugh. I smile.

"You're cute, go and put some real clothes on whilst I speak to mark please" he gently picks me up off of the stool I'm sat on. "Fine" I kiss him softly before going to his bedroom.

Derek's pov:
"Yeah, that's fine.. I'm putting you in charge of this, mark" I say. Meredith walks back in. "Are you done talking? Can I come for cuddles?" She runs over to me happily after I nod. I smile.

"Come here" I pick her up and sit her on my lap. She hugs me. She's wearing one of my hoodies with a pair of very tight shorts.

"Mark, do you have a girlfriend yet?" She asks. I chuckle. "No, I didn't mean it in a rude-" she looks at him. "I know you didn't" he chuckles.

"I was just gonna suggest a double date" she says. "That'd be great" he says. "Really?" She smiles. He nods. "Sure, but you need to set me up with one of your model friends" he says. "Okay" she giggles.

"Hey, mine!" I swat her hand away as she tries to steal some of my food. She frowns. I feed her some. She grins, eating it.

"Anyway, I should go" mark gets up. "No! You only just got here.. hang out with us" she says. I shake my head. "I'm not having sex with you if he leaves" she says. "Fine, stay" I sigh. He chuckles.

"I like you, you're my friend" she gets off of me. She goes over and hugs him. "I like you too, you're weird" he wraps his arm around her. She giggles.

"I'm hungry" she whines. "Do you want me to make you something else?" He asks. "No thanks" she says. "She's always hungry but she won't eat, unless it's my food she can steal" I roll my eyes. She giggles.

"Come here" I say. She walks back over to me. I wrap my arm around her waist. I feed her some more of my food. She smiles at me. "Thanks baby" she kisses my cheek. "You're welcome" I say.

"I'm gonna go and do my makeup" she says. "Take it" I pass her my plate. She takes it with me and goes to my room.

"Doesn't that annoy you? Her stealing your food" mark chuckles. "Its the only way to get her to eat enough.. so no, it doesnt" I smile small.

"Does she have problems with stuff like that?" He asks. "I-I don't really know.. I've seen her not eat, but she doesn't talk about it too much" I say.

"Its probably how she stays so fit" he chuckles. I shake my head. "She doesn't have to not eat to be pretty, she's beautiful no matter what" I say. He smiles small.

"Ow!" I hear her scream. "Are you not gonna check-" he looks at me. "She'll have just burnt her hand again on her straighteners, she does it everytime" I roll my eyes.

She comes out of the bedroom with a frown on her face. "Come here" I say. "I burnt myself" she tears up, walking over to me. I stand up. I hold her hand and kiss it softly a few times.

She let's me put her hand under the tap for a few seconds. I kiss her lips softly. "Its okay" I whisper, wiping her tears. She moves closer to me. I hug her.

"Tell him to stop laughing!" She cries quietly into my chest as she looks over at mark. "Mark" I chuckle, looking at him. He laughs harder.

"Its not funny!" she runs off, to my bedroom and slams the door shut behind her. "Well done" I say sarcastically. "She's so dramatic" he chuckles.

"Right, I'm gonna go" he gets up. "I'll see you tomorrow" I say. "Bye.. bye mer!" He leaves. I go to my room.