chapter 27

I wake up in the morning in bed next to derek. I smile as I realise he was watching me sleep. "Stop doing that" I blush. He chuckles softly.

We didn't end up doing anything when we came back to his apartment last night. I ended up falling asleep straight away because I was too tired from my flight here.

"Sorry about last night, I was exhausted" I say. "Its okay" he smiles. He puts his hand on my cheek, kissing me softly.

I deepen the kiss. He grabs my thighs and pulls me ontop of him. I straddle him.

"You know this is the longest I've been without sex in like five years?" He asks. "You're a slut, derek shepherd" I say. He chuckles.

"Was it worth waiting for me?" I ask. "Of course it was.. I'd wait years for you" he says. I smile brightly.

"Oh, derek can we talk?" I gently pull him up. He sighs, sitting up. "Just for a minute, calm down" I giggle. "I don't wanna talk" he smirks, looking down.

"Cristina invited me out to lunch tomorrow with her new boyfriend.. she said I could bring you too" I say. "I'm working tomorrow mer" he says. "Please? I dont want to third wheel them" I say.

"I guess I can have tomorrow off" he says. I smile. "Thank you" I kiss him softly.

We hear the front door slam shut. "Damn it meredith, I could've already been inside of you by now" he pushes me off of him and gets up. "Derek!" I scold, slapping his ass.

He walks out in just his pyjama bottoms. I follow him. I'm wearing one of his shirts. "Hi mom" he hugs her. Amelia and Carol are here.

"Hi derek, guess what" amelia hugs him too. "What?" He asks. "Hi" I hug Carolyn. "Hi sweetie.. were you asleep? We didn't wake you, did we?" She asks. "No, we were just watching a movie" I lie.

"Tell me then" he says to amelia. "Mommy's getting a new car" she says. "Really?" He asks. She nods.

"You need money?" I ask my mom. "No baby, I just want you to come to the shop with us so you can help us pick" she says. "Please don't call me that infront of my girlfriend" he sighs. I giggle.

"Don't be such a spoil sport.. baby" I tease, poking his side. He glares at me. I laugh.

"Mom, right now?" He sighs. She nods. "But-" he whines. "Go and get ready" I push him into the bedroom. "Meredith" he groans.

"You're coming too" Carolyn points at me. "Okay" I chuckle. We go to the bedroom and get ready quickly.

"You promised me" he kisses my neck from behind, grabbing me before I can walk out of the room. "You can wait a few more hours" I hold his hand, I pulling away.

He pulls his hand away from mine. I look at him. "Are you actually mad?" I ask shocked. He shakes his head. "No, I'm not" he chuckles. "Oh, I was worried for a second then" I chuckle. He smiles, kissing me softly. "I'm joking" he holds my hand again.

We walk out. "Took you long enough" she glares at him. "Come on then" he grabs his car keys. We all go downstairs and get in his car. I sit in the back with amelia so Carolyn can sit in the front.

"You okay?" He smiles at me through the mirror. I nod. "So amelia.. have you got a boyfriend?" I smile at her. "Not really" she says.

"Not really?" Derek looks back at her. "I'm speaking to a boy over text.. but he lives in New York, so I've not met him yet in real life" she says.

"Ohh.. how long have you been speaking?" I ask. "..11 days" she says quietly. "So it's serious then" Derek teases. She frowns.

"Do you want to meet him some day?" I ask. She nods. "Never gonna happen" Derek says. "Leave her alone" I hit him over the back of the head gently. He glares at me through the mirror. I smile at him. He squints.

"He's really nice, derek.. I promise" she says. "Show me a picture" he says. She shows a picture of him. "Are you joking? You deserve way better than that" he says. "You're so judgemental" she scoffs.

"Like I'm not way out of your league.. but I gave you a chance" I say. He gasps. I giggle. Amelia and carolyn laugh.

"I'm handsome and rich.. I have a private jet, a good job and I'm incredible in bed as you know" he says. My eyes widen slightly and I blush hard. "Oh, derek don't be so disgusting" Carolyn slaps his arm.

"I'm just telling the truth.. meredith knows it" he smirks at me through the mirror. "Shut up" I say, embarrassed. He chuckles. "Payback" he says.

"You two have slept together?" Amelia asks shocked. "She's my girlfriend ames" he chuckles. "Ew" she says.

"Derek please stop" I sigh. "You're embarrassing her" Carolyn scolds him. "I'm sorry baby" he reaches back and holds my hand. He squeezes it gently before pulling away again.

"My mom doesn't care anyway" he chuckles. "I care" I say quietly. "You should've seen her and my dad talking infront of me.. Oh my god" he rolls his eyes. "Hey!" She hits him gently, chuckling. He smiles at her.

He looks at me in the mirror. I look at him. He smiles at me. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah" I smile. We arrive at the place and get out of the car. He holds my hand and we all walk in.