chapter 72

Me and meredith have been at my moms house for a couple of hours now. She's sat with Kathleen in the living room.

She didn't eat much of her dinner, but she told me she didn't like it. I've been in the kitchen for the past half an hour, cooking her something I know she likes.

I go into the living room with the bowl of food and hand it to her. "Derek" she smiles brightly at me, taking the bowl. I lean down. "All of it please, okay?" I whisper in her ear. "Okay" she says. I kiss her cheek.

I sit next to her. "Is it good?" I ask as she takes a bite. I just made her pasta. She nods. "Thanks babe" she hugs me. "You're welcome, I love you" I kiss her head. "I love you too" she smiles at me.

Kathleen gets up and walks away. "She has to stop with the jealousy" I roll my eyes. "I'm gonna go and speak to her" she gets up.

"Babe" I pull her back down. "Food first" I whisper. She sighs, grabbing the bowl back off of me. She sits on my lap. I wrap my arms around her. She eats the rest of it and thanks me again before going upstairs to find Kathleen.

---------

I'm talking to my mom. I stop when I hear arguing from upstairs. Meredith runs down. "Derek, I wanna go please" she grabs her coat. "Meredith" Kathleen follows her down.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "Please" she says again. "Okay" I furrow my brows, getting up.

"Bye" I say bye to my mom and amelia before we leave. We get in the car. "What happened, baby?" I look at her.

There's a few seconds of silence. "She kissed me" she says. I open my car door. "No! Derek please don't!" She tries to stop me, but I get out and go inside.

"Derek, I'm sorry" Kathleen backs up as soon as she sees me walk in. "Kathleen I swear to god-" I look into her eyes.

"Derek" meredith runs in behind me and grabs my arm. "I've tried to be nice to you about this, but if you ever do anything like that again-" I whisper. She tears up.

"Please, honey" meredith tugs on my arm. I can tell she's getting upset too. I turn around and leave with her. We get back in the car and I drive us home.. in comple silence.

We walk into my apartment and my phone starts ringing immediately. "Hi mom" I answer it. "Derek, what the hell just happened?" My mom asks. "Ask Kathleen" I say.

"She won't tell me and she's in her room crying her eyes out" she says. "Just talk to her mom" I say. "Is meredith okay?" She asks. "Yes" I say. "Good, I love you" she sighs. "I love you too.. bye mom" I hang up.

I look at meredith. She's sat on the couch, cuddled up under a blanket. "Are you mad at me?" I sit next to her. She looks at me and shakes her head. She holds her arms open. I smile, hugging her waist.

"I didn't mean to cause any arguments" she whispers. "You didn't! Baby, you didn't.. this is on her, not you" I put my hand on her cheek.

"Are you angry at her?" I ask. "I don't know" she whispers. "Its okay to not be.. she's your best friend" I say. "She knows how much I love you.. and its like she's trying to break our relationship or something" she looks down.

"But I feel bad, because she's in like actually in love with me.. and it must be really painful for her to see me with her brother" she sighs.

"Meredith, its not your fault darling" I whisper, tucking her hair behind her ear. She looks into my eyes and frowns. "I still feel bad" she whispers. "I know, but you shouldn't" I hug her.

She grabs her phone. "What, baby?" My eyes widen as she literally bursts into tears and pulls away from me. "The paparazzi took pictures of us and now everyone thinks we got into a really bad argument" she says.

"Me and you?" I ask. She nods. "Its okay" I whisper, kissing her softly. I've never seen her look so stressed. "Kathleen has called me six times already and left me twenty four messages" she says.

"Just ignore it for now, baby.. come on, let's go to bed" I take her phone and put it aside. She stands up. I get up and hold her hand. We go to bed. I stroke her back until she falls asleep in my arms, then go to sleep myself.

ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY HEHE. I CAN OFFICIALLY DRIVE (LEARN TO, AT LEAST😭) (17th)