{76} 𝘔𝘰𝘮 𝘪𝘴 𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛

𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟮, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟴

Hope was in her room, getting a change of clothes out of her drawers

Hope was in her room, getting a change of clothes out of her drawers. She sensed something and walked over to the doors that led to the balcony.

Roman appeared. "Marshall." Roman said.

Hope looked surprised as she opened the doors.

"Roman. You're at my house." She said." Yeah, I--I needed to talk to you, so, uh." Roman trailed off.
Hope nodded.

" Oh, um, how do you know where I live?" Hope said looking at him." Oh, well, Saltzman's got parent contacts in his file cabinet," Roman told her. "Which is where he keeps his emergency bourbon, so l'm intimately familiar." He said and Hope chuckled, nervously.

"Can I come in?" Roman asked." Mm-hm." Hope answered." You know I'm a vampire, right?" Roman asked.

Hope nodded. "So I, uh, kinda need you to say it out loud." Oh, right." Hope said, realizing. "Yeah. Come in." Roman walked over the threshold and now, he and Hope were standing incredibly close to each other.

"Cute jammies." He said and Hope stepped back." Um, so why do you need to talk to me?" She asked.

"Yeah, um ..." Roman trailed off, closing the doors behind him. "Look people are saying all this stuff about Henry at school, that he died, that he killed himself." He told her.

"You know, your friends bullied him all the time," Hope told him. Roman looked down. "He went through hell." Hope said to him.

"I know," Roman said. "Okay, that's why I'm here. I should pay my respects or something. I let them push him around, make fun of his poetry, his clothes and now ... I can't sleep." He said.

"Henry's not dead." Hope replied. Roman looked at her, confused. "He's fine. Look, I have to get dressed. I have somewhere to be. Could you, like, turn?" She asked.

"Oh, " Roman realized, turning around. "Yeah."
"Yeah," Hope said, grabbing her bunny off her bed and putting it in the drawer with her clothes.

Roman could see Hope's reflection in the mirror, he quickly turned away. "Where are you going? It's barely even dawn." He asked.

Hope took off her pajama top and put on a shirt.

"It's a long story." She said." Lizzie Saltzman said she saw Henry jump from the turret." Roman said.

"A werewolf wouldn't survive that kind of fall." He told her." Yeah, well, Lizzie also said that I exploded an orphanage with my brain when I was 8." Hope replied, scoffing as she continued to get dressed.

"You can, uh, look now." Hope said and Roman turned to look at her.

" Yeah, I--I heard that one. I also heard you're a long-lost Romanian princess." He said and Hope smiled, chuckling.