18

I quickly kiss back, moving closer to him. We both stand. His arms snake around my waist while mine go around his neck. His lips move from mine to my neck, hungrily kissing it, as if he had been waiting to do this for forever. He stops for a moment and I can feel his hot breath on my neck, hovering above an artery. 

"Be gentle." I whisper, pulling all of my hair to the other side and tilting my head, giving him complete access to the artery. He places one more kiss before I feel his fangs sink into my neck, but it doesn't hurt very much. I can tell how gentle he is trying to be, listening to my heartbeat and not ravaging my neck. When he gets his fill, he pulls away. He bites his wrist to give me his blood to heal, which I take. I feel the wound close up. I turn and look at Kol. I can tell he tried to be clean with it, but I wipe the remnants of my blood off his lips with my thumb. He seems to be in shock. 

"What's wrong, Kol?" I ask him softly, placing my hands on the sides of his face. His eyebrows furrow together before he relaxes and smiles slightly. 

"You're really something else, Elizabeth Grey." He says with a chuckle. 

"We need to go back out there, as long as you're not too sleepy." I speak softly, running my fingers through his brown hair. He places his hands on my waist once more. 

"Right now, darling, I could stay awake for a millennium." He says, raising his eyesbrows. I roll my eyes and laugh at his choice of words, as well as his facial expression. 

"Okay. Come on, then, Princess." I say teasingly, grabbing his hand and walking out with him in tow. I see Freya looking deep in thought, her siblings crowded around her, concerned. 

"Let her explain." Freya says, sounding distraught. They all turn to me. I let go of Kol's hand as he makes his way over to his siblings. He spreads his legs slightly and crosses his arms over his chest. 

"So, for those of you who do not know, my mothers maiden name was Byrnes. In case you don't know any of the folklore or legend of that last name among Witches, the females of that line are cursed with the Werewolf gene. I've managed to keep mine unactivated my whole life. It is outlined within Tia's Grimoire that I must be able to perform the Resurrection Spell, which means I must take ones life to bring back another, which is a form of murder, which will activate the gene. This is not a coincidence when you look at it like this. A Witch-Werewolf Hybrid was betrothed to a Grey Witch. Not that strange, right? The females carry the Werewolf gene and only the One Hundredth Daughter can unseal the vault. Getting a little weird, yeah? And the Resurrection Spell, which must be able to be completed and is the strongest spell within my arsenal of Grimoires, nowhere near challenged in strength by any other spell I know, forces one to commit murder, which would cause a Werewolf gene to activate. This is too strange to be a coincidence. But Freya made a good point earlier. If Klaus or Hope were to give me their blood, I could become a Vampire-Werewolf Hybrid, except I wouldn't. I would become a Tribrid, like Hope. My Witch gene would cling to my Lycanthropy. If Klaus can reproduce as a Hybrid, then that means he is no longer fully dead, meaning he could, theoretically, be a Witch again as well had he tapped into his magic before. Anyway, I already channel my Lycanthropy, making me stronger than the average Witch. If I also had Vampirism, not to mention my Lycanthropy was activated, I will have the strength to open the Grey Vault. Tia laid it all out. It's not a coincidence. Tia knew everything about this. It's my destiny." I explain everything Freya and I had discovered and realized. Kol leaves the room as I finish my little speech/explanation. 

"And what if your Witch gene does not cling to your Lycanthropy? Then you're of no use." Klaus reasons. I take it into consideration. 

"How about we ask Tia ourselves?" I offer with a sickening smile. Once again, I feel as though I'm outside of my body, out of control.

"Well that's a lovely idea." Klaus says, returning the smile. 

"If only Grey Witches could tolerate Vampires. Your mother killed her, Klaus. You really think she'll want to speak with you or explain anything? Maybe this is how it's supposed to be. Maybe I will wake without magic and you'll be doomed from unsealing that vault." I involuntarily say, walking right up to Klaus as if I would not be cowering in fear from what I know is about to come. 

"Klaus, get away from her." Freya says urgently, which Klaus listens to, immediately moving away from me. "Who are you?" Freya questions me.

"Elizabeth Grey." I involuntarily answer. Freya clearly sees right through it. 

"Then name one thing about yourself that only I'd know." Freya challenges. 

"Alright, alright, you got me. The name is Elise Byrnes."