34

There's that flicker of feeling that I'm coming to hate. 

"Keep going, Kol." I hear Elijah whisper. 

"I advise you Vampires get the hell out of dodge, because I'm about to transition and I still need you lot alive to do that spell. I'll see you in the South." I tell them before letting the pain in and becoming a wolf. I take off, running at my incredible speed, nothing running through my mind but the need to open that vault. I'm drawn to it, even as a wolf. Even with my primitive instinct having taken over, I still feel a pull to the vault. 

I push myself to run faster. I can't afford to lose any more time. The unfortunate part is I can't even set up when I arrive due to Kol having everything in the car.

I continue running, not wanting to stop when I'm so close to fulfilling my destiny. I take sharp breaths through my mouth, running out of air, beginning to tire. I skid to a halt as another wolf stands in my path. 

"Go away, Klaus!" I snarl at the wolf who is larger than myself.

"No can do, Elle. You've broken poor Kol's heart. So I'm sure he'll rip yours out soon enough, though my dear brother tends to be a bit more physical." He replies in a low growl. It could be considered fearsome, only if I had my humanity on. 

"Good. He can put me out of my misery. I'm not turning my humanity back on, Klaus. I've got so much pain in my human heart and mind that it's easier to just have that of a vampire." I growl, then trot around him. He doesn't try to stop me. I break off into a sprint once more, feeling the wind whipping through my fur. 

I toggle my humanity switch, only for a moment, and I trip, falling over myself as I collapse in momentary grief. Grief for the Witches I had murdered. I immediately shut it back off and continue running, not thinking twice about it again.