26

After God only knows how long, I hear footsteps. I look up to see Klaus, and I'm seething. 

"You. You made me do this. First, you kill my best friend, now you've made me kill an innocent man. All for what? So you can make me unseal that vault so no one can harm you? So no one can change the fact that you're the only Original Hybrid? And so you have the ability to become a Tribrid? You're highly mistaken, Klaus, because I'm not opening that damn thing. If you want it opened, you'll have to wait another millenium. Or not, because I'm not having children and none of my other family members bore the last name Grey. But, if by some miracle of a chance, someone else is able to open the vault, use this as a learning experience to not try to take things by force from Witches, because it'll never end in your favor." I tell him through gritted teeth, getting all of my thoughts out, finally, after what seems like forever. I stand up and walk over to Klaus, facing off with him.

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't mind if I just killed you." He says with a smile, as if it's the most entertaining thing in the world. He positions his hands on the side of my head, standing behind me, ready to twist my head off. 

"Do it." I whisper. He seems to falter for a moment. 

"Do it, Klaus!" I shout, yet he still does nothing. 

"Elise?" Klaus asks tentatively. 

"No, Elizabeth. Memento." I bring back his memory of that night, where he had overheard me speaking of all I have done to numb the pain, and how I was simply going to end it after opening the vault, but I have now changed my mind. I won't live another day beyond this one. 

"Just do it, Klaus! Do it, God damn it, do it!" I shout, which brings him back to the moment. He sighs. 

"If you wish." He mutters. I then feel his hands begin to move, but Kol appears in the doorway. Tears meet my eyes as I catch sight of him, but it's already too late. Everything goes black, the last thing I feel being the sweet release of death.