7

"Is waiting really all we can do?" Kol asks Mrs. Cook as they stand in the kitchen, a somber look on everyone's face.

"Unfortunately. But I really need to get back up north soon. I hate to ask, but would it be possible to bring her up north so I can consult with a Healer? Plus, I know she would love to see the cabin if she were to wake up soon." Mrs. Cook replies as she looks around the group.

"Yeah, let's do it. This house is kind of creepy anyway." Kol says, his voice void of emotion. His humanity isn't off, but he just feels empty.

"I'll take a car with Kol and Elizabeth, and then you guys can figure out how to split into vehicles." Freya says, giving Kol a look. Kol goes and picks up Elizabeth, gently as he can, and brings her to the car, sitting in the backseat with Elizabeth laid over him as Freya gets into the front and begins driving north.

Kol had fallen asleep after a while, still tired as ever from being awake for nearly two weeks straight. Suddenly, Freya's phone rings. She doesn't even look at the caller ID before answering. 

"Freya, I need you to trust me. Instead of taking them to the cabin, take them to the Compound. We're going to do a head dive and get her out of that stupid slumber." Rebekah's voice comes through the phone. 

"The hell we are." Freya whispers into the phone, angered by her sister even thinking she'd betray her family like that.

"Think about it, sister! It's the only way to bring her out of it!" Rebekah says with a sort of desperation to her tone that everyone rarely heard. 

"Rebekah, sometimes things have to happen naturally. I'm taking Kol and Ellie to the cabin in North Georgia and that's my final word." Freya says as she hangs up the phone. 

"Why is she so hellbent on doing a head dive on Elizabeth?" Kol asks softly and groggily, in the same voice that Elizabeth had come to adore before the incident. 

"I don't know, but it's not happening. If we're not careful, someone could get stuck in her subconcious. And we might not be able to bring her back through a head dive anyway. She went out at least half-way naturally, so she's going to need to come back naturally." Freya replies with a sort of distanced voice, one which shows she is deep in thought. 

"I hate this, Freya." Kol whispers, leaning his head back against the headrest. 

"I know, Kol, I know. But she'll wake soon." Freya says as softly as possible, sighing quietly as she truly realizes what this has done to her youngest brother. The man who had once been unassailable is now complete uncertain to how the future will go. Freya hated to watch Kol deteriorate, knowing there was nothing she could do about it. 

Freya casts every thought from her mind as Kol says no more, just focusing on the road with a blank mind, hoping for a safe arrival.