30

"You really don't think the Witches will find us here?" I ask as Kol pulls into the driveway marked by the old bass mailbox. 

"No, it's completely cloaked by two different and very powerful Witches. No Witch will be able to find us." Kol assures me as he gets out of the car and grabs our bags. He takes them inside to the bedroom I used to sleep in, the same one he and Rebekah had stayed in. 

"Well, if that's the case.." I trail off as I walk up to him, grabbing his face and pressing our lips together. His hands immediately find my waist, grabbing onto my hips roughly. 

"Calm down." I whisper as I break away from his kiss for a moment, just for his lips to recapture mine just a moment later. But he listens, his hands becoming more gentle, though still slightly rough. Our breathing becomes heavy as Kol guides us toward the bed. I turn us around so he sits down on the bed, me on his lap. I begin unbuttoning his shirt, but he stops me. 

"How far are you wanting to take this?" He asks breathlessly. 

"I don't know, we'll just have to find out." I reply, recapturing his lips with mine. I continue to undo the buttons on his shirt, gently slipping it off of him. I move on to grabbing at his belt, trying to unbuckle it. Kol pulls away once again.

"Darling, I don't want this to go too far." He says gently. I raise an eyebrow, confused. 

"Do you not want this?" I ask, saddened by the revelation. 

"Oh, trust me love, I do. I just don't want to go too far and you end up in a panic. I hear you every night, screaming in your sleep for him to stop. Begging him to just let you go. I don't want you to relive that while we're being intimate. So how about we just wait to get intimate until a little later on down the road?" Kol explains, grabbing my hand and putting it on his chest, right over his heart. I nod, realizing what having sex with him would've done to me. I was just in the moment, but once I realized what was happening, God knows what I would've done. Kol is just trying to look out for me. 

"Thanks for looking out for me." I whisper, placing my forehead against his. He just hums in response. 

"You should probably get some sleep. You've got a big day tomorrow and you need your rest. You've got to be fully charged up. And, tomorrow, if you feel like you're completely draining yourself of power, stop." He tells me. I pull away from him and look deep into his eyes. 

"I can't stop once I've started. If I do, I'll be sucked into the depths of the vault or I'll die." I explain, nearly flinching at the hurt and saddness I see in his eyes. "But this is my destiny, Kol. I'll make it out alive, I swear to you." I continue, grabbing his face and staring so deeply into his eyes one would think I was compelling him. 

"That's what the last one said." He mumbles, but I catch it with my newly improved hearing. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask, confused. The last one? 

"Erm-"