27

I awaken in what seems to be another universe. It's bright and sunny, and I recognize it as my home in Georgia, the one which had been passed down since my ancestors had settled here from England. I haven't seen this place since we left, the threat of those Witches driving us out, making it unsafe to return. I walk inside from where I stand on the front porch, finding my parents and my grandparents from both sides sitting in the living room, having a heated debate. 

"Lizzie?" My Granny says with a disbelieving voice. She gets up and basically runs over to me, engulfing me in a hug. 

"I missed you, Granny." I mutter into her shoulder as I return the hug. 

"How can this be? You're not-" My Gramps begins, standing up from where he had been sitting in the old recliner. 

"I am, Gramps. I'm sorry." I reply sadly as the others have a look of shock. 

"You can't be here! It's not safe!" My father says hurriedly, engulfing me in a hug as Granny had. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused. The Grey Ancestral Plane is the safest place in the world, being created centuries ago by one of my ancestors, Grace. If one is on the Other Side and their descendent is married into the Grey family, they also join our ancestral plane, they just don't have access to our magic. 

"There have been breaches in the magic holding our ancestral plane together. Witches have been coming through trying to destroy it. They're trying to get to you, Elle. They don't want you to open that vault, but you must open it. It's what we died for, protecting you so you can open it. You must get it open. It's your destiny. Elise tried to keep it from you, even going as far as possessing you to keep you from it, but you must be the one to open it. I didn't see it before, but now I do. You died with Klaus Mikaelson's blood in your system, meaning you're about to wake up. When you do, you must drink the doppelganger blood and you must become a Tribrid. You have to get to the vault as soon as possible. While I can, I must tell you, the vault is inside of the cellar of our old home. It is cloaked, so get Freya to take the spell down, as you'll need all of your power for the Unsealing Spell. Please, be careful. I love you, sweetheart." My father tells me, holding onto me for what feels like dear life. 

"Okay, Daddy. I love you, too, old man." Is all I'm able to say before I feel myself slipping away from this world, returning back to the land of the living

I gasp, back in the horrid place called the world.