9

"For the final time, we're not doing a head dive!" Klaus shouts. Kol flinches at the loud noise, which had brought him out of his dissociative episode.

"What if it's what's for the best? At least try it?" Kol all but whispers. Everyone's head turns toward Kol in shock, a gasp coming from Rebekah. 

"Ignore him, he's not in his right mind." Klaus says before trying to go back to the conversation which was happening before Kol had reconnected with reality. 

"Nik!" Rebekah scolds, looking at him scornfully. 

"He's right, Bex. But I won't be in my right mind until I have Elizabeth back. I need her back and soon before I end up going off the deep end. I might not have the ability to turn my humanity off anymore but I can still mute my emotions. I'm only holding on by a thread. I need her back, so let's do it." Kol says, his voice low, cracking every few seconds with emotion. None of his siblings had ever seen him in such a state. He had always been the care free sibling, the one who didn't give a flying fuck about anyone or anything, barely even his family. 

"What are the chances of it not working?" Leeroy asks tentatively, concerned with being slaughtered if he were to hit a nerve with any of the powerful beings. He is an exceptional Witch, but with five Original Vampires and one Mikaelson Witch, he knew he would be overpowered. 

"We don't know. We've never known of a case like this." Elijah replies after a few moments, not taking his eyes off of Kol. 

"I don't care about the success or failure rate, we're doing it." Kol mutters, which causes Klaus to exit the room without another word. 

"Alright, well who's going in?" Freya asks, looking around the room at her remaining siblings. 

"I'll do it." Kol says immediately, standing up and grabbing her shoulders. "Let me do it, please. I need to do this." 

"Okay, Kol, okay." Freya says calmly, placing her hands over Kol's which were still on her shoulders. The two make their way to the bedroom which Elizabeth was in. Kol sits Elizabeth up so he can sit down behind her. He wraps his arms around her and skillfully dives into her subconcious, where he is terrified by the sights.