23

"Klaus, is something wrong?" Hayley asks immediately as she jumps out of the car. He just looks to me. 

"I had to get out of the house because of Kol. Elle, please go get your boyfriend under control, he's been distraught since you didn't tell him you were leaving nor where you were going." Klaus says, pointing toward the Compound. 

"He's not my boyfriend, Klaus." I call out as I walk in to find Kol pacing around, his hands running through his hair. As soon as he sees me, he speeds to me and wraps me in his arms. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask after a moment, pulling away from him to look at his face. 

"I was worried about you. You never mentioned going anywhere and when I walked out you were just gone. I was worried someone had taken you or Klaus had killed you." He replies, his eyes looking into my mine. 

"Lord have mercy, Kol. I can handle myself." I tell him, running my fingers through his hair. He leans down and our lips connect for only a moment before he pulls back and stares into my eyes. 

"Your eyes are beautifully fascinating, Elizabeth Grey." He murmurs softly. 

"As are yours." I reply, looking into the dark brown orbs I find myself searching for more often than not. 

"No, mine are ordinary. They're just brown and typical. Yours, however, are gorgeous." Kol says, tucking a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. 

"My eyes are weird. I hate them." I mumble, practically backward trust falling into his chest (would it be backward or forward trust falling? Either way, Elizabeth went forwards), laying my head against it. 

"They're not weird, love, they're unique. Just like you." I just hum to his response, taking in the comfort of leaning into his chest. His arms snake around me, taking me into an embrace and my arms subconciously return the gesture. We stand like that for a while until I hear someone clearing their throat. I look up to see all of the Mikaelsons standing by the door. Both mine and Kol's face turn beet red and we immediately separate. 

"Can you feel the love tonight?" Klaus sings teasingly. 

"Klaus, you may be one of the most feared creatures on earth but I will still hex you." I tell him playfully, to which he puts his hands up in surrender, a cheeky smile on his face. 

Kol just walks to his room, no words said. I sigh, loud enough that I know he heard it. Without another word, I walk to my room and begin looking at the Resurrection Spell. The requirements aren't too bad, but the effects are horrendous. 

"I can't kill someone." I whisper softly to myself, shaking my head. I bring my knees to my chest and rock back and forth, thinking about the shitshow I'm about to have to go through. I have to kill a man, then die myself and drink blood. I shiver at the latter thought. I've always hated the taste of blood. The metallic tang makes me gag, even just thinking about it. But, nonetheless, I take a deep breath and read over the spell, memorizing it, knowing it'll be better getting done sooner rather than later.