Chapter 63

return

disaster apocalypse daily

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 63

    The harvest season is coming, first rice, then corn, sweet potato, cabbage, radish and so on.

    Because the grains of rice and corn have become smaller and the yield has decreased, few people grow them now. These things have become high-end foods. It is estimated that not many people will grow these foods before filling their stomachs.

    Song Jin's family planted a few acres of land. Their family has a lot of land and there is no shortage of food, so they planted some. Basically, as long as there are seeds, they will plant some, lest Song Jin take something from the space and it will be difficult to explain.

    The rice is now a little bigger than the millet in the past, the output is less, and the taste is very good. After it is mature, you can smell the fragrance of the rice without waiting for the harvest. It tastes even better when it is made into porridge and rice. You don’t need to cook it. It can make people eat several large bowls. It's just that now unless it's a holiday or a special day, I really can't bear to eat dry rice.

    The same is true for corn, which has become smaller, and the dried corn is ground into flour, which is delicate and smooth, with a sweet fragrance. Song Jin likes to steam steamed buns with cornmeal and wheat flour. This is men's favorite, and corn porridge is also delicious. It's as if the flavors all changed and got better when the plants were changed.

    The sweet potato becomes as big as a ping pong ball, or smaller, and is dug out of the ground one by one. Because the sweet potato vine produces more starch, the sweet potato is no longer a high-yielding food. Now the sweet potato is a by-product. Song I would like to say that some places have begun to study higher-yielding sweet potato vines, but sweet potatoes do not grow under such sweet potato vines. Maybe in the future, people will plant new types of sweet potato vines and give up sweet potatoes for the sake of higher yields, but he still likes these sweet potatoes very much. The food made is so sweet that people don't want to swallow it.

    Cabbage is a high-yield vegetable, and now it is not uncommon to grow 1.5 meters. This year, the tallest cabbage in the field is 3 meters high, and the leaf vegetables are growing bigger and bigger. The cabbage in the two acres of land needs careful care. These cabbage are very attractive to bugs. During the bug breeding season, we must keep looking for bugs. There are no pesticides, and no one will use pesticides. Since the end of the world, some people have thought that the current changes are due to humans. It was caused by not paying attention to environmental protection, so after a little stabilization, a group of anti-tech protesters appeared. The most they protested was chemical agents, and they opposed the pesticides and fertilizers used in the fields. This concept is supported by most people, so now no one dares to produce pesticides.

    In addition to attracting bugs, cabbages need to be bound when they grow to a certain point, otherwise they will take up too much space. This kind of binding will have to be loosened after a period of time. It grows too fast. Vegetable net is an elastic net made of plant fiber. This kind of net has toughness and elasticity. The production of plant fiber is pollution-free, which solves a big problem.

    Song Jin did not participate in the harvest. He is also busy now. He has harvested a large amount of grain, and many of them need to be processed in order to be stored for a long time. At this time, the grain is precious and cannot be sloppy. The yard has already been tidied up and compiled in advance. The mats are spread in the sunny place in the yard, and the rice is spread on it. A high shelf is erected near the house in the yard, and corn cobs are wrapped and hung on it.