Chapter 3 - FIRST DAY

AKSHARA

After the interview , I went to the NGO , I taught music to the unprivilaged people over there . Then , I went to orphanage where my little friends were waiting for me because it was my bestie, Riya's birthday and she was upset with me as I got late for her birthday party but she got happy after she got her favourite kachori which I made for her .

After , getting over with all things I reached home at 7p.m. in evening . I totally forgot that I had asked Marry not to prepare dinner because we were going out but after a long day I was super tired and next day also I had to be ready early for work as it was my first day but then I had also promised marry . I enter the house , I could not find marry anywhere then I went to her room , only to see her curled up on bed covered with duvet .

" Marry , you have fever again ? " I asked her checking her forehead .

" No akshu I am ok beta ."

" ha thats why you're shivering tomorrow we are going to hospital ."

" No beta I'll be fine till tomorrow morning "

" We are going that's it , this the 8th time in last 4 days you are getting this feverish despite of having medicine three times a day ."

" Don't worry Akshu , I am fine , go have your dinner and sleep , you have your first day tomorrow and you don't want to get late , Am I right ? " she tried to distract me .

" Yes , but that does not mean we are not going to hospital also I am bringing our dinner over here we will eat together " .

" No bache , I don't feel like having anything , you go have your food ."

I avoided her brought her dinner and mine despite of her denials I made her eat her food and medicine .

It was 7 a.m. in the morning when for the first time I woke up before alarm , after getting up I checked on Marry she was looking fine , but still she had weakness , she was feeling dizzy and today I was admant on taking her to hospital but at same time it was my first day at office I did not want to get late . I got took shower and prepared breakfast , had my breakfast and made marry eat her breakfast and medicine . I got ready and left for the office .

Abhimanyu

I reached at the office , got out of the car and was entering HR department again because we had orientation for new employees joining in the office so for formality I had to meet them . I was entering when someone bumped into me , it was none other than Akshara , she seemed to be in hurry because she was late . She looked up to me and she looked shocked again as if I was an ailien .

" I am Sorry , Mr. Birla ", She said .
Her voice was as beautiful as her face and smile .

" Mr Birla , I am really sorry " she repeated breaking my chain of thoughts .

" Its fine , you are okay ? " I asked .

" Yes , I am , thankyou " She said .

" hmm.. by the why are running like that " , I asked her although I knew why .

" u..mm .. actually its first day at work and I am late " , She replied .

" Its fine , no need to run and get yourself bruised " I told her .

" okay " she said .

" lets go " I told her .

" Mr. Birla , I have to report to Ritika " She told me .

" And she has to report to me with all of you , so you can come along with me ". I told her .

" Oh ! Okay and I am sorry for getting late " . She said .

" You're not late , you're on time , reported to me directly at 9 so dont worry " I said .
She smiled and we went towards conference room .

Akshara

Although , I woke up on time , left home on time but thanks to my destiny that I didn't get an auto or cab on time so I got late above that when I reached the office the lift was occupied so I run up through the satirs , breathing heavily running , hairs all messed up I bumped into my boss . I love my self , first day at work and I bump into my boss that too getting late . I looked at him shocked , apologized to him but he was sweet enough to tell me not to run like that , atleast not that rude I thought he was .

He was sweet enough to calm me down and tell me that I was not late by saying that I had reported to him at 9 . After , that we both went to conference room and the orientation started , Mr . Birla spoke to all of us , and he was sounding really rude that time maybe there was a boss mode he had , he turned it on when he entered the confrences anyways he was very sweet to me which I was super happy about .

After the orientation , I met Sakshi she seemed to be very excited about joining the work but more excited because she could be around Mr . Birla for atleast 12 - 13 hours of the day .

" hey akshara , how are you ? " she asked .

" I am good , you tell " I asked .

" I am super excited , by the way what job did you get ? " She asked .

Before I could answer her , we were disturbed by Ritika's assistant who told us that , she was calling both me and sakshi to her cabin . We went to her cabin .

" good morning girls " she said .

" good morning maam " we both said in unison .

" Come on girls , don't be that formal call me Ritika , anyways I have to talk about something really important , you both have your appointment letters ? " she asked .

Both of us nodded hesitantly .

" good , give it to me " she asked .

Both of us took out our letter and gave , sacred that we may loose our jobs .

" don't worry girls , I am not cancelling your appointment its just that I made a mistake , both of yours aapointment letter got exchanged " she told .

I got relaxed .

" What ? But Ritika didn't you tell me that I am appointed as Mr. Birla's PA " . Sakshi questioned .

" yes , I did , but I did tell you that I made mistake " she told .

Sakshi glared at me .

**************

What will be Sakshi's reaction ? Will their friendship break even without starting ?

What about Marry ' s health ?
Guess !!

Coming up : 👆 answers .

Comments your guesses and tell am I keeping up to your expectations or not . Also keep in mind I am setting up the base for story right now , so point out my mistakes so that I can rectify them .

Comments - As much as you all wish .

THANKYOU 💞