Chapter 4 - AKSHARA GOENKA ?

Akshara

Ritika told us that by mistake she had exchanged our appointment letters , she then gave us the new appointment letters and asked us to join , the next day because Mr. Birla was going out of town for some meeting today and Ms. Rehana was on leave . We both agreed and took our leave . I glanced at Sakshi , she seemed to be upset , and same with me I also felt really bad for her she was so excited for the job but this happened , somewhere deep down I believed it was because of me she was sad .

" Sorry " , I said .
She turned her head towards me .

" Why ? " she asked .

" Umm.. well maybe because me you lost that chance " I told her .

" Arey chill , its nowhere your fault , it was Ritika's and my hopes that went wrong and beyond the line " she said .

" you , seriously okay ?" I asked .

" Yes akshu chill , I am totally fine and yes you owe a party because of the job , you know I would have given it to you but since you are my senior now and you have a higher paycheck you owe a party to me " She said .

" ofcourse , I do lets go " I said .

" Now ? " she asked .

" yes , I dont like debts ", I told her .

" Okay , lets go " She said .

We both laughed and went to near by canteen .

Abhimanyu

We were on our way to Mumbai for meeting , I and Manan . When Manan spoke up .

" Sir , I have found out about Akshara " .

"Good , Tell what details you have " I said .

" yes , sir she is grand daughter of famous diamond merchants of Udaipur Singhania's and Goenkas's , goenka's is her paternal family and singhania's are her maternal . As per my information, when she was around 3 months old , she lost her mother , her father Mr. Kartik goenka remarried . After few years her paternal uncle , Mr. Naksh Singhania , his wife Mrs. Keerti singhania adopted her , they had been living in Cape town but some years back when they came back to India for some reason , Mr , Mrs Singhania and their son Krish Singhania lost their lives in a car accident . Since then Akshara has been living in Pune with her Nanny Mrs . Alka Agarwal " Manan told me .

I was shocked to my core the grand daughter of Goenkas's has been living such a life , she had applied for job of a PA whereas she could run her own business but then I was also relieved that she belonged to a good family which means she has royal blood running in her veins .

" Sir ? " Manan spoke up breaking up my chain of thoughts .

" yes , anything more you wanna add to it " I spoke .

" Sir , according to the information I have , goenka's have no idea about her living in India and also I think that Akshara doesn't wants them to know about her " He added .

" okay , thankyou and yes keep me updated with more details about her " I said .

" sure , sir " He spoke .

We went for the meeting and had a great one , I got contract for my dream project .

Akshara

After having brunch with Sakshi , I came back to my house and took Marry to the doctor , they did all the check ups , tests which costed around 30 k about half of my savings . But no worries once I started working and getting salary it would all be fine . Marry insisted on going to the civil hospital , but I took her to one of the best hospitals in the city rather expessive hospital because from last two months we had been visiting to civil hospital and their medicines were worsening marry's health , they gave medicines without doing any tests . We came back to the house , I prepared the dinner , made marry eat it and I also had it .

Its been 2 days since we went for Marry's check up and today doctor told us to visit him as the report had come . We went to the doctor and the doctor gave me the most devastating news of my life ,I went numb listening to it ; Marry was digonosed with Leukemia blood cancer and my world was shattered listening to this but somehow I composed myself and asked the cure for it . The doctor said ..

" Chemotherapy and blood transfusion are the treatment that we could give to her but it can be risky because of old age "

" What are the chances of her surviving with it and without it " I asked dropping a lone tear from eyes , my heart ached even at the thought of living without Marry .

" 5 years maximum without it and if we take the risk and we get sucessfull in that then 10 years with medicines " He told me .

I nodded and left from there , I had to tell marry about everything but only after I accept it , after I digest it . I had to take her opinion , although I had made my mind for her treatment . After dropping her at home , I went to the office because I already took leave of a day , 3 days after joining .

Abhimanyu

Akshara came back to the work after leave of a day and still was not concentrated on her work . I could sense something wrong , I could sense that she was lost somewhere which was irritating me , the lack of concentration on work was a thing about my employees that pissed me off very easily , but I couldn't be rude to her so I tried to calm my self down and aksed her .

" Akshara , all good ? "

" yes " , she spoke .

" you sure , tell me if there's any problem " , I asked her .

" No no , Mr. Birla all okay " she told me .

" Come on , Akshara its clearly visible on your face something is wrong with you , share with me if you are comfortable " , I said .

" My my .. gr..an..dddma has been digonosed with blood cancer " saying this a lone tear escaped her eyes .

" oh ! I am sorry " I said , for once in my life after my father I felt bad for someone in true sense not just to pretend that too for a lady but women are not trustworthy material .

" I am sorry excuse me " she said making her way out of the cabin .

" Its absolutely okay , and yes also take care you have to be strong for her " I said .
She nodded and left the cabin .

Grandmother ? Mrs. Goenka? As far as I remember , goenka's dont know about her living in India but then who she is reffering as grandma to .Then I was reminded of her nanny Mrs Alka , maybe she was reffering to her . Anyways I have nothing to do with it .

******************

Not a well composed chapter please ignore mistakes anywhere .

Is there more to Akshara's identity ?
Abhimanyu's reason for not trusting women ? Whats the reason behind goenka's not knowing about Akshara ?

Guess !!!

* Is story going too fast ?

* please respond to the update , comment and vote its motivates me to write .

THANKYOU 💞