Chapter 47 - WE NEED HER

" Mr Birla .. congratulations you are father to your handsome little boy " Doctor Batra says coming out of the ot with a little bean wrapped in sheets in her hand .

" look your little boy is happy and crying .. " doctor says forwarding the baby .

" my baby .. " Abhimanyu says taking his som in his arms holding him delicately as if he would break he applies a little pressure .

" my son.. Ritika look my son he is my son all mine , Manan see .. " He says to Ritika and Manan standing beside him with a proud smile and the tears rolling down his cheeks helplessly .

" look at my son ..he is so beautiful , he is so tiny , Manan look at his little feets " he says caressing his feets
" look at these little finger " he says excitedly gently taking his son's soft little palms into his rough and big ones.

" Look at my .. " He repeats moving towards them and showing off his son to both of them like a proud father with tears covering his face.

" yes Abhimamyu your son .. " Ritika says with teary eyes caressing Abhimanyu's face wiping his tears .

" My son .. my baby.. see he has two big eyes , a button nose , pink little lips just like our Akshu .. " He says with horror stricken face as the reality hit him .

" Akshu ... doctor Akshu .. how's she ?" Abhimanyu asked looking at doctor Batra .

" Mr Birla honestly , we tried our best to save both of them and I am sucessful but Akshara is very critical , she went through major blood loss during delivery and then her sugar level wasn't in favour , next 32 hours are really crucial for her , if she doesn't wakes up then she might slip into coma and in very rare cases patients come back from coma " Doctor replied leaving Abhimanyu horrified .

" Akshu ... I .. told you to save her why didn't you ? " Abhimanyu asked doctor with a strange rage in his eyes .

" I know Mr Birla but Akshara requested me to save her baby and I couldn't deny a mother's request and we didn't loose Akshara , I know she'll get up for her baby , your son will wake her up ... he won't let anything happen to his mother , he is really attached to her he wasn't ready to leave her Mr Birla he wasn't crying after Akshara pushed him out and we thought we lost him but the moment sister kept him on Akshara's chest for skin to skin touch he cried , he cried as if he wouldn't survive without her , I have delivered many babies and I know mother baby have that connection but your little bean shares some strange connection with his mumma , he'll wake her up " doctor Batra says .

" Can I see her ? " Abhimanyu asked looking at his son without blinking his eyes .

" Yes sure but not right now , we are shifting her to ICU you can see her then " Doctor Batra replies and as if on her cue the ot doors were opened and Akshara was rolled out on the stretcher , Abhimanyu dragged his feets towards her and his heart ached looking at her lying unconscious with various machines attached to her body .

" Mr Birla don't touch her , she'll catch infection which we can't afford right now " doctor Batra says as Abhimamyu was about to touch her face which always had smile and liveliness on it was pale and lifeless .
Abhimanyu suddenly jerked out of his thoughts as he heard his baby his little boy wailing .

" why ... why is he crying ? Did I hurt him ? " Abhimanyu asked his face lost its colour as he checked his hands to see whether he was holding baby too tightly .

" Don't worry Mr Birla you didn't hurt him , he is absolutely fine but he needs him mother right now " Doctor Batra informs a panicked Abhimanyu .

" Mr Birla , please keep the baby on Akshara and make sure you remove the sheet you have touched, Abhimanyu places his wailing little boy on Akshara chest and to his surprise his little bean went all quiet receiving his mother's warmth , Abhimanyu smiled with teary eyes looking at two of his precious people , holding onto each other for their lives .