Chapter 39- COMFORT PLACE

AKSHARA

I was sitting in balcony looking at the stars , how they were shinning while there was all darkness around . The interaction with Goenka's, their words kept on ringing in my mind , how they were just thinking about their baby girl as always I was no one to them . I thought after so many years , they would react differently might hug me , be happy seeing me alive but no they weren't initially they were maybe only Mimi was but after Riya and Aarohi started their drama they all turned again .

" Akshu " Abhimanyu spoke breaking my chain of thoughts .

" Hmm ... " I hummed .

" Come let's go " He spoke forwarding his hands taking mine into his .

" Where ? " I asked .

" Just come " he spoke gently helping me to get up .

" Abhi.. I don't want to go anywhere , I am tired , want to rest" I spoke as he took me out of the main door through hall .

" Shh.. I know you are tired and want to rest " he spoke while we enter into a balcony through the dark room .

There was corner in the balcony with a soft matress covered some warm and soft blankets , cushions with lights in background with starry sky visible , it's seemed to be a such a comfortable and cozy place.

" You like it ? " He asked with a soft smile .

" It's beautiful.. " I answered him in sweetest voice I knew .

" Come , sit " He spoke making me sit comfortably setting cushions behind my back and under my legs , covering them with duvet .

" You did it for me? " I asked him breaking the silence .

" Um.. not exactly for you, I mean yes these cushions and duvets are for you but the matress and candles are always here this is my comfort corner "He answered with a smile .

" Comfort corner ? '' I asked .

" Yes .. comfort place .. I find peace here in this corner " he asnwered with a genuine smile on his face .

" Hmm... " I hummed and dipped back into my thoughts .

" Akshu .. " he spoke tapping my hands .

" Hmm.. " I hummed ..

" You okay ? " He asked in gentle voice .

" Yes .. " I spoke.

" Akshu do you know why I have brought you here ? " He asked me .

" No .. " I spoke looking at him .

"Akshu when I was a kid my father brought me here , me and papa used to sit here for hours look at the stars , he would recite rhymes , stories to me , whenever we both wanted to hide from the world we used to come here and spent hours , you know last time before I lost him we came here , we were sitting here , had conversation , you know what he told me , he told me that whenever I feel lonely , sad then I should come here and share my feelings with him even if he isn't there he would watch me and comfort me through these candles matress , duvets and the shinning stars would be the proof , after a week I lost him thought I was left with nothing , I used to come here sit here in the corner looking at stars ,cried my heart out,I felt my father's presence here , I could literally feel the comfort here . You know , there were times I had suicidal thoughts and wanted to end everything , at that time I used to come here sit here for hours and hours , cry my heart out , screamed all my grieves and while going back from here I used to realise my mistake , that if I attempt suicide it would be disgrace to my father , while going from here my heart felt so light , happy , motivated that's why this is my comfort corner which no one knows about , now you know it , now it's both of our secret " He spoke and baby kicked me hard "oh sorry , three of us secret " He spoke and I chuckled . I understood what he meant , he did this so that I can put out my heart but it was not that easy .