Chapter 48 - OUR LITLLE ONE

It's been 27 hours since Akshara's delivery , there was nothing new in these 27 hours other than Abhimanyu counting seconds waiting impatiently for Akshara to wake up and these crucial 32 hours to get over without a blink .

" Mr Birla .. " A nurse says Abhimanyu who was curled up on the bench in waiting area opposite to the I.C.U , lost in his thoughts .

" Mr Birla .. " she says a little louder this time leading to wake a sleeping Manan beside Abhimanyu .

" Abhimanyu .. " Manan says shaking him .

" huhh.. " Abhimanyu looks at Manan blankly .

" Nurse .. " Manan says pointing towards the nurse standing beside Abhimanyu .

" what happened? Akshu she is fine na .. and Baby is he fine ? " Abhimanyu starts panicking .

" Abhimanyu calm down , listen to her .. " Manan says .

" Mr Birla , Akshara .. I have seen movement in her fingers and I have already called doctor she is coming , pray for her , hopefully she'll wake up soon " Nurse informs them and moves towards the I.C.U .

" Manan .. Akshu .. she .. " Abhimanyu says before running towards I.C.U.

" Doctor how's she .. " Abhimanyu asked nervously .

" She is out of danger but not concious yet , but we are hoping she'll be back in her senses soon " says doctor happily .

" thankyou thankyou so much doctor .. , can I see her " Abhimanyu asked excitedly .

" yes you can but in morning when we shift her in normal ward " Doctor replies .

<<<<>>>>

" Akshu .. " Abhimanyu says running his hands over her hairs gently
" Thankyou .. " he says and plants a kiss forehead causing an semi concious Akshara to stir .

" Abhi .. I .. " Akshara mumbled drowsily " Akshu .. you woke up , do you feel any pain " Abhimanyu asks happily with tears brimming his eyes " No .. I am fine .. " Akshara replies " Wait I'll get you some water"

Abhimanyu says and turns around when Akshara pulled him by his arms " Abhi baby .. " she says caressing her tummy which was now partially flat " Abhi my baby where's it ? please please tell me that it's fine.. no no no .. my baby .." Akshara says sobbing , panting heavily .

" Akshu Akshu .. shhh calm down , breath , baby is fine , the nurse took him for regular check ups " Abhimanyu says as he pulls her into a hug to calm her down but it did nothing to her " you're lying to me right , I know Abhi , I know that doctor said she can save only one of us and if I am alive that means .. I told you , I told you to stay away , I told you not to care for me , I end up losing my loved ones .. and I brought nothing but bad luck to you .. I am sorry Abhi .. I took away your baby .. I am sorry " Akshara screams in his chest crying her heart out , Abhimanyu felt a sharp pain in his heart to see her suffering physically and mentally .. her sobbings did nothing but drowned him more into guilt of seperating a mother - son who are so connected to each other , probably can't live without one - another .

" Akshu .. I am not lying , baby is fine happy and healthy was waiting for you to wake up but he had some important checkups so the sister took him " Abhimanyu says and as if on cue sister came inside with their little baby .

" Look our son is here .. " He says taking the baby from nurse and showing him to Akshara .

" Son, a baby boy see I won , Abhi I delivered your baby safely and he is so cute " Akshara says proudly , peeping into their sons face " yes Akshu you did , thankyou " he says planting a soft kiss on her forehead "ah look at those tiny feets " Akshara says caressing his little feets followed by a kiss " oh his face is so small like a little monkey , our little monkey " Akshara says with tears rolling down her cheeks and eyes shinning as if she is witnessing the most precious and beautiful thing in the world .