38. C'est La Vie

Chapter 38

C'est La Vie

Hunger - Ross Copperman
Hello Vegas - Lay Here (play when in living room)
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (Muaha, You'll definitely know when to play it)

~~~~~~~~~~

Jace's POV

~Flashback 3 Years Ago ~

"But I can't dance!" Skye whines, laying tummy first on her bed while she gazes up at me. I laugh at the triumphed little Skye, 14 and still hadn't hit a growth spurt. "Don't laugh at me Jace! Just because you know how to move your body and stuff and I can't" she begins mumbling, squinting her eyes.

"Oh please babygirl, I'm pretty sure that little butt has moves. So come on and grab my hand beautiful", I walk up to her, laying out my hand. She looks up at me as I watch the corner of her mouth lift, leaning forward then grabbing my hand. I pull Skye up and off the bed, swiftly pulling her into my arms and placing my hands on her waist, swaying her side by side. I felt her chest vibrate with laughter. Looking down at her I raise a brow, "What's so funny?"

Her head lifted up and met my eyes, her hazel ones dawning on me making my stomach churn. "There's no music silly!"

I chuckle in return, leaning close to her ear and kissed it softly. I then began to softly sing Hunger - Ross Copperman lovingly in her ear. Her steady breaths brushed against my neck sending shivers down my spine, her lavender blossom scent intoxicated me and her soft arms wrapped around my neck, slightly tugging me closer brought warmth to my whole body.

"One look and I can't catch my breath, two souls into one flesh. When you're not next to me, I'm incomplete"

"You know Skye... I always found you the most beautiful girl. I've never met anyone before or after that could beat your beauty" My voice cracked, since it was the years of hitting puberty. I knew I couldn't say anymore since I had a girlfriend but neither do I want Skye to find this as a joke.

She glances down then back up into my eyes, her little button nose wiggling. She didn't say anything in return, nor did I expect her to. It was this moment I wanted to last and words were not needed. I let go of her waist with one hand and held her small one in my palm, pulling our chests against each other.

I swayed her little petite body around, letting go of her hand and spinning her. I watched as her eyes sparkled and her head leant back in laughter. My heart stopped. I drew her back in my arms feeling her nuzzle against my neck and planting a kiss, my knees could've detruded and collapsed in that second but I held my grip.

"Oh Love let me see inside your heart, all the crack and broken heart. The shadows in the light, there's no need to hide"

I pressed my body against hers begging for her to feel my heart rate, how she makes me feel. I then held her waist and pulled her up off her feet and over me, her head dangling down and staring downwards at me as the chorus hit. I spun her in that position watching her eyes close and her plump lips smile in a daze. Grasping her securely, I pull her down softly with her body still stuck to mine.

"You take my breath away..." She mutters ever so gently in my ear. I closed my eyes holding her hand again and swaying.

"Cause I'm on fire like a thousand suns. I couldn't burn it out, even if I wanted to. These flames tonight, look into my eyes and say you want me to. Like I want you..."