59. Jiggling and Giggling

Chapter 59

Jiggling and Giggling

Smile Like You Mean It – The Killers

A-Punk – Vampire Weekend

~~~~~~~

"Dinner time!" Mum calls out from below, I scramble to my feet ready to run to the oh so delicious food. I'm already drooling.

"Not just yet babygirl." Jace says while wrapping his arm around my waist and putting me in front of him. "I know you're going through a lot right now and I could repeat myself saying I'm always here for you, as a distraction or someone to talk to. But... I won't because you already know too well. So in saying that-" He leans down and kisses my forehead, "I want you to know that you're not alone. I will be by you always yes, but I do want to help. I know you've been thinking about Dustin a lot, you, everyone has been trying to get on to his case and he's affected you a lot alongside treatment. So I want to help, I don't like when people or things hurt you so I want to do everything in my power to take it away. Plus, I have nothing better to do with my time than go on Scooby-Doo cases trying to reveal the guy under the mask."

I raise my brows with a playful smirk , "Oh, nothing better huh? So you rather chase down some art boy and find out what his problem is than this." I go on my tippy toes and peck his lips. "Or this.." Leaning down I plant a kiss along his neck.

Jace groans gripping my waist tighter, "That is not true and you know that."

"Prove it." Jace's green eyes went to the darker shade of green and his smile turned into a small smirk. He gripped my hips tightly and threw me on the bed, climbing on top he hovered over me. "Do you really want me to prove it right now? When food is waiting for us downstairs and our stomachs are rumbling?"

I nod, "Good point." I slide out under him and jump out. "TO THE FOOD!"

Jace laughs in response shaking his head and following my lead. "What will I do with you?"

"Love me, give me attention, feed me and take me on the occasional walks. You know, the usual dog routine."

"Shall I also fetch you a bone and allow you to attack me with licks?" Jace's voice went low. I squint my eyes and look back at it him. Dirty thoughts Skye, very dirty. Do not acknowledge him. Jace gave a toothy grin as he continued to skip down the rest of the stairs and beat me to the table.

"Smells and looks delicious Tris." Jace compliments, finding a seat and pulling it out for me to sit first then joined, sitting beside me.

"Riiigghhttt... I couldn't cook for the life of me, looks like I've got to live here for the rest of my life." Ryan comments before digging in.

"Oh god no.." My parents respond in unison, looking up and giving each other that mischievous smile.

We all laughed in response only for Ryan to drop his jaw and allow his food to spill out, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing Ryan, just that we rather you learn yourself so you can eventually move out and then your mother and I can finally be free. That's all." Dad looked over at Ryan and flashed a smile before putting a vegetable in his mouth.

Ryan frowned, "I'm a great person to live with till the end of my days. I'm a really good child, I do my chores, I will buy you guys Tim Tams all the time as long as I have most of it. I'm really a dear to be with."

Putting a slice of steak in my mouth, I gagged in response. "Sure Ryan, so when was the last time you've cleaned your room?" I smile up with my cheeks full.