53. Dustin's Bulge

Chapter 53

Dustin's Bulge

~~~~~~~~~

Little Talks - Julia Sheer & Jon

Maps – Nightcore (Madilyn Bailey Cover)

~~~~~~~~~

My vision had gotten blurry. That or there's something over my eyes again.

My head was no longer pounding but had the familiar sting around my ear to the top of my head. The bumpy line.

I stretch out my arms yawning and grab whatever was on my face to pull it off. A bright blue pillow. Trying to lean my torso up, something on my stomach prevents it making me look down to find a sleeping Jace. It was completely dark except the silhouette of the fire seeping through.

"Jace..." I whisper, my voice groggy. My whole body was weak. A weak where it feels like you've been sleeping for a long time and can't grasp any physical strength. You're just limp and frail.

"Pssh... baby boy." I whisper again a little louder.

"Mm... mhmm." He mumbles, moving his head a little into a more comfy tummy position. "Soft baby girl, my pillow."

I smiled softly, caressing his messy bed hair. "Skye... you love me now." Jace sleepily whispers.

"Oh, I always loved you." I trail my finger down his temple to his chin.

"Yeah but... you love me completely, like how I feel for you. It makes me feel content." He opens one eye a little and smiles. Brushing his hair with my fingers, I bite my lip and smile back down at him. "Don't ever leave me... okay?" His voice turned small and both his eyes looked up at me. Grey no longer visible and just the colour green evident.

"I won't..." Leaning over I kiss his temple lightly. "oh...." I groan, wincing at the pain that suddenly spread through my head.

"Fuck... Skye." Jace quickly sits up and cupping my cheeks in his hands. "Shh baby... I'm here." He calmly says rubbing my back to soothe me.

I don't know how long I was in this position for, all I could recall was falling on his chest and whimpering at the sudden pain in my head. Then the rerun images of being hit by a car... it was clear to me now, I was hit by a car and lost memories. When? I don't know. How badly injured I became? Not sure. How long was I out from the accident? Don't remember. But I'm hoping all answers would be answered soon, I'm tired of this guessing game to only be reminded by excruciating head pains.

"Hmm.." I hum closing my eyes tightly and leaning back up. "I-I'm okay."

"No you're not baby..." Jace said softly, caressing my cheek. "You don't have to reassure me, I know you're not. I think it's time for you to know everything now..." Kissing the top of my head he scooped me up in his arms and wrapped a blanket around my frail body. Walking out of the tent, we were greeted by the dark night sky and our friends surrounding the camp fire.

They each looked up at me and gave a small comforting smile. I knew they were aware of my condition or what was wrong with me... I looked down not really knowing what to say or think. I've been out of it the past... I don't know how many days.

Sitting down, he gathered me in his arms while I laid between his legs. The heat of the fire was burning my face if I stared directly at it, yet it was somewhat comforting.

"How you feeling little one?" Jayden asks pouring the hot water from the kettle in foam cups. I looked up and grinned weakly, "Fu- flubba doodlin amazeberries Jayjay." The others chuckled lightly, all having turns to pass on a cup of tea and biscuits and cookies from the bag. Cuddling back into Jace's arms, I sip my tea when it's given to me and giggle.