63. Jace Daddy

Chapter 63

Jace Daddy

Change Your Mind – The Killers

~~~~~~~~~~

I was a little tipsy. I downed another 2 shots of tequila. Okay, I'm on my way to a little drunk. I'm not in denial, no, but please tell the room to stop spinning and for the DJ to put the music louder!

I may of snuck back to the bar when Carter said to keep still, but I have good reasoning! I really wanted to keep this buzz so I needed to just get that extra boost, and since Carter went all Holy on me, he'd probably not want me drinking anymore.

"Another one pirate!" I call out to the bartender. They gave a laugh and returned with another shot, "Easy there, last shot okay? After this one, a nice cool water should ease you down."

I shrug and scull the vodka shot making the immediate sour face. "No fun Barty my boy! The night must go on!"

"Barty?" The bartender chuckled, cleaning a glass.

"Yes, it originates from the name Bartender. Original innit?"

He gave a nod and a laugh, turning around and passing me over a glass of water. "You big on nicknames silver girl?"

I sipped the water because the water is not worth the scull, the vodka is. I nodded in response continuing the sip. "I like nicknames like I like my drinks, random and constant!"  He raised a fleek brow and smiled.

"Hey, uh a Classic Manhattan with an Orange Twist please." The person beside me mumbled to Barty. I remained sitting sipping on my good trusty water.

Gee, posh drink much? And here I am doing myself dirty with straight shots.

"Sorry what was that?" The person beside me asks. Did I say all that out loud?

I peeked an eye over and saw a guy in a black hoodie, the hoodie hiding his face except allowing a loose caramel curl to fall out.

"Just never heard such a fancy order before." I pushed my glass away and straightened myself out, trying to look as sober as possible. I didn't want to come across like a drunken mess, not when I'm in this dress.

The guy gave out a laugh, an all too familiar laugh. He received his order and said his thank you's, giving it a sip he let out an exhale.

"Is it any good?" I ask, again peeking an eye at him but he was still hidden.

He pushed it towards me, still keeping his straight and not at all in my direction. "Try it."

I gave a sip and made a suck suck sound with my tongue, like a taste tester. "Mm, fruity and bitter. Thank you random." I pushed it back over and I could hear a light chuckle. "So what brings you to a night club with that attire?"

He shrugged looking down, still hidden. "Had a long drive and needed to temporarily clear my head with a drink. My head's been spiralling with all these problems and situations that I caused."

"I get what you mean.." I mumbled, "There's just so many things going all at once and you need that break but life doesn't seem to give it to you. It's like a never ending tornado, out for destruction and sucking in problem after problem."

"Yeah but.. I bet you're a good person, I mean you sound like it. Here you are talking to a random stranger empathising. But me? I'm a very bad person."

I frowned looking at him, a disguised figure. "You're not a bad person."

"I am a bad person. I did something that hurt someone so bad and it became a domino effect, one bad thing after another. And.. and I thought I was fixing it, redeeming myself but I only made matters worse." He sighs aggravated, his hand slightly shaking around his cocktail.