58. Twiddling Lips

Chapter 58

Twiddling Lips

5 AM – Amber Run

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He shoved me against the wall, holding my arms above my head. He leered down sniffing, taking in my smell. "I miss you.. don't you miss me?" I continued to struggle against him, shouting profanities and yelping. "No need for such a cuss Skye." Dustin smiles, grabbing my hand above us and slipping off my amazeberries ring. Thrashing against him, it was no use. He took control. "You wouldn't be needing this anymore love..."

"NO!" I gasp out loud, sitting up from mu bed drenched in sweat. Another dream about him. Not the first or second night, its been a week or two filled with painful images. Why are my dreams designing him as this antagonist? He's not.. right? Is this my body's way of telling me something that happened, something that I'm unable to remember due to my timid head and brain unfunctioning mind?

I need to follow these signs, I need to know where he went, what he's doing and why he took off my ring. He's a fabrication.

I grab my phone and scroll through social medias, searching for his name.

Dustin Lavendor, prestigious young artist. Dustin Lavendor, son of a fashion designer. Dustin Lavendor, one of the brightest eligible bachelors. Dustin Lavendor, son of CEO Dean Lavendor. Dustin Lavendor, award winning painter. Dustin Lavendor, charitable. Dustin Lavendor.

I rubbed my eyes in tiredness and unability to actually believe what was in front of me. How could I have not searched him sooner? How could I have allowed myself to walk obliviously beside a stranger for months. How could I be so stupid and naïve... Is this why he suddenly disappeared? He had to return to his life of grand debutantes and high piles of cash?

How can he keep his life a secret, did he think we'd befriend him for his money so he never brought it up? And why would he want to move away from such a luxurious life to such a basic area. There was so many questions, so many unanswered questions, so many things running through my mind. So many things that I could feel my temples throbbing, a pushing feeling that felt like my head was suppressing between two hammers.

I closed my eyes and placed my palms on my head praying it would stop. A sharp ring surrounded me with the pain stinging even more. I shook my head in agony and leant over shakingly grabbing a glass of water. A few drops spilt over as I attempted to scull it down, a coolness slid down my throat but no stop of the pain. I quickly grabbed my prescripted medicine and drank down 2 tablets. The pain didn't immediately subside but eventually.. it did. Like my thoughts as I fell into a deep sleep.

~~

My left hand gripping the chair handle tighter as the needle goes deeper in my arm. "Okay doll, all done!" I nod my head with a small thank you. I've been getting treatment again since the head pains have gotten worse, pills to immediate pain relief, injections.

Its still difficult for me to wrap my head around everything that's been going on. From finding out about the accident to uncovering Dustin's truth, to trying to gain memory and still balancing out hospital life with school. I've pretty much avoided everyone in school when I'm out of it, I initiate on school grounds but keep introverted in my room of books, a keyboard and my flotation tank. Its funny.. lately I've been really into playing piano, my fingers are familiar with the keys, a kind of feeling that calls home. Someone said something before about piano being a passion of mine and its comforting to know that somewhere deep inside, I never really forgot.

I do miss being a silly goof, being at school and being with my amazing group of friends, being with my best friend.. boyfriend, Jace. But even then, I can't keep up a smiling façade, I'm hurting more than I thought I could. A mix of emotional, mental and proper physical pain. A turmoil of damage hitting me from wake to dreams.