50. Slipped Inside

Chapter 50

Slipped Inside

~~~~~~~~~~~

She's Got A Boyfriend Now - Boys Likes Girls

Beginning of the End – Steve Moakler

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was undeniable that the trip was obviously more than just a "last time to reach our extreme limits before crashing down in complete study for Year 12 and graduating."

I was highly aware of missed memories and the huge gap in my mind that I didn't realise was there till now. Jace clearly explained something happened, he just never said what it was. And he said something else... I was in something... something of a number 3. But even so, I don't understand how I've missed so much yet remember everything?

It also made me wonder other things. But I tried to avoid the thought.

I was sitting high up on a tree, with an amazeberries view of most of the forest and waterfall. The constant swishing sounds of the breeze, the calming sounds of water falling into the lake and the view of...

I squint my eyes at another tree close-by, visible but still a good distance away.

A poking head and whispers. High up in a tree and rattling.

I shake my head and sigh, shouting. "You know I can see you right?"

"Urm... KA KA ! KA KA! HOOT HOOT!" The individual tries to mock, with a single arm appearing behind a branch mimicking a wing and flapping.

"Yeah Kaka, to you too buddy." I raise my brow, shuffling a little closer for a better vision.

"Ah fuck... KAKAKAKA *cough* look away human! KA KA!"

I grin biting my lip, "Oh little bird, how the great winds of this forest seems to have given you a voice of human language. Now I wonder if they gave you the strength!" I pull off a stick from a branch and throw it directly at the flaying arm.

"Ouch, shit! Ohhh...HHHH!" I widen my eyes watching this human bird fall down branches with twig snaps.

"Oh fu- flubba doodle..." I cringe as each metre they fall I hear a crack. I quickly stand up from my sitting position and climb down to them. Hanging off a few branches then jumping down safely. I walk past a few big oak trees till I see a figure rolling around whimpering. "You okay little kaka bird?" I lean against a tree crossing my arms and looking at them with a sneer.

"Kaka... ka...." They groan, facing the opposite way from me. I couldn't see anything with their black hooded jacket covering them completely.

"Look black hawk, I gotchu. I want to be a bird too sometimes, fly away from all of this and go to Mexico but we can't always have what we want... You just got to live with it." I empathise, looking down at my black nails. "And spying on people isn't a good job either unless it's one of those FBI kind of things... you feel me?"

"Feel you?" I heard a manly chuckle, "...when and where? I'm free right now." I frowned a little recognising the sneaky flirtatious voice.

"What the..."

The hooded figure turned around facing me with a bright smile and wink. He laid there bending his elbow against the leaves and his cheek leaning on his fist, "Oh Skye, paint me like one of your French girls!" He purrs.

"You've got to be kidding me Carter..." I roll my eyes ready to walk away.

"Aye aye! Wait wait!" Carter shouts trying to get up limping, mumbling under his breath of the course of pain. "I'm sorry! Okay! Stay, please..."