60. Oral Presentation

Chapter 60

Oral Presentation

Past Lives – Local Natives

Off She Goes – Bad Suns

The Way We Talk – The Maine

~~~~~~~

I leaned against the brick wall outside the school. I didn't know who the unknown contact was, just that they urgently needed to talk and that they did go to this school. The bell just rung so everyone was fleeing out like ants.

I held my books against my stomach and chewed on my lip. I looked at the crowd eyeing anyone who may be coming my way, none of which that I've remotely talked to before. I took out my phone staring at the screen for any text from this person, that's until I heard the faint clicks of a heel.

I looked up and saw Virginia Cristos walking my way. Her striking blonde hair in a high ponytail, and her tanned figure in fashionnova denim jeans and a small singlet. I couldn't tell if she was just passing by or not but the way her blue eyes locked on mine told me that it was her that I was meeting. As she got closer her heeled boots clicked louder and her features seemed almost, nervous?

"Hi Skye... thanks for meeting up with me." Virgina says while standing in front of me awkwardly. I gave her a questioning look, I didn't know what she wanted or what she wanted to do. Our last encounter was our fight in the cafeteria half a year ago over Dustin.

Oh, how much has happened since then.

"I bet you're wondering why I asked you to meet up with me.." Her eyes were darting back and forth from behind me to my face. She wasn't her usual confident or snappy self. I just nodded in return, tight lipped.

"Look... I never lied to you."

I frowned completely confused.

"I know I've been a complete bitch to you and thinking back at it, I was always acting like I was a goddess and put people down for my own benefit. You were one of them and I'm sincerely sorry for the way I acted."

I hope she's not saying this because she knows about my condition, my timid head and my lost memories. I don't want the pity party. But nevertheless I was grateful for the apology, she must've matured a lot in my absence.

"Thank you... I'm also sorry for the nasty comments I said in the cafeteria, I was immature and relished on the feeling of taking a bully down. I guess you were just suffering your own way too and I should've been the bigger person and walked away rather than attacking you."

Virginia gave a small smile and tucked a loose strand behind her ear. "I deserved it... I needed to be put in my place."

I returned the smile and then it went, "What do you mean you never lied to me?"

She looked down then back up at me, "Dustin and I did hook up... and I said those nasty things in the cafeteria because I genuinely thought you took him away from me. I thought you may of said some things that made him all of a sudden hate me. I had no reason to lie about getting with him, I mean it also took me by surprise of how such a perfect guy wanted me.. but then he didn't."

"When did you guys hook up?"

"Before he started school, I bumped into him while he was enrolling. I gave him my name and number and then a few days later he called me and ... yeah. Then a week or so after that, I caught up to him in front of the school wondering why he was ignoring my calls and messages. He pretty much shut me up by making out with me and then again after that, he ignored me. I then saw him all over you and assumed you took him away from me, I still don't understand why he was so stern on lying though. We did hook up, like I'm not a disease..." Virginia looked hurt whilst talking.