28. The Heart of Life

Chapter 28

The Heart of Life

Into your Arms - The Maine

~~~~~~~~~~

I look down slightly blushing, raising my head to find a red Dustin. "Hey" I mumble giving one of my famous large smiles, unable to contain it to the beautiful boy in front of me.

"Hey Skye... woah", Dustin breathed heavily checking me out up and down, unable to say any audible compliment due to his lack of oxygen as his cheeks flushed in a familiar ruby colour.

"No checking her out!" Jayjay grumbles, obviously getting our attention to him and making Dustin realize who was behind me.

"Ah... sorry Dustin, these are my best friends who came back from a 3 month camping trip" I stood beside Dustin so he would have a good view of them.

"Jayden, Chandler, Arthur and Sammy" I nodded my head at them and smiled as each one immediately bulked up when their name was called out to look good.

"Hurt her and your nuts will be crushed", Jayjay said annoyed, glaring Dustin up and down like he was a weakling.

"You're taking our girl... our fucking girl. You ruin shit and break her heart, no need to call the ambulance; we'll be dumping you in a river." Sammy's aggressive rare side came out making Dustin shudder a little.

I slipped my hands in his in reassurance that it will be okay. Dustin peeked at me and smiled as his stiffened posture relaxed.

"Haha..." Arthur gave his steady laugh looking at Dustin in a blank expression. Uh Oh.

"You seem like a good guy, but I am warning you... we love Skye to death, she's our only girl that we'd never expect more from. Why? Because she's amazing and since kids she was like our sister-"

Chandler coughed interrupting that part and mumbled "nah" making us all glare at him.

Arthur sighed at Chandler's disruption and continued, "these guys aren't joking when they say they would hurt you... because they would in a heartbeat and so would I if we found out Skye was even an inch hurt. So this is a warning, make her night magical, don't do shit or watch out."

Dustin nodded listening and taking it in, I squeezed his hand tighter.

And then Chandler spoke...

"Can you bring home some Doritos or Krispe Kreme's when you get back-"

Jayjay had his annoyed look and covered Chandler's mouth dragging him to the kitchen. "Come on Dorito boy, let's stuff your chatterbox with brownies".

"Brownies!" Chandler squeals. I shook my head at my strange friend, how he did he ever pick up girls again? I then focused my attention to a speaking brother.

"I've never been serious with you, nor have I've gotten a chance to give you the whole protective brother talk, but I will cut it short and say it now. Treat Skye like a queen, and she'll treat you like a king. Treat her like a game? We'll all show you how it's played. Got it? Good."

I snorted at my brother's speech from a well-known quote, I could only tell he was trying to wrap this up to see Alexis.

"Yeah... I promise you I won't hurt her. Never felt like this before" Dustin starts. I looked down at my stoned porch floor to hide my red cheeks.

"She makes me happy and I'm not the sort of person to even question how good I have it. I take it and do whatever I can to have them forever... and with Skye, I want her forever." I sucked in a breath and played with my feet trying to contain my cool and not switch to fan girl mode.