20.DARK TRUTHS

he drove us back home, the ride was completely silent as I was gathering my confidence to tell him the truth no matter what the consequences would be. Christy's words were rounding my mind again and again.

we reached and I got out the car and ran directly to our room, leaving the door wide open, I sat on the floor and started crying, Krish entered the room and sat next to me. "please don't cry Kaira" he said weakly. "krish, I have to tell you something" I said in a breaking and scared tone.

"what?" he asked curiously. "but please don't hate me" I said holding his hands tightly on mine. I took a deep breath, wiped my tears and sighed. "there was more of the truth". I said. "tell me" he asked.

[FLASHBACK]

that day I took an apple from the Hitlers plate without him knowing, later when he found out he dragged me inside the dark room and tied me to a chair, then he switched the blow dryer on and sticked it to my skin as it burned and I screamed for help and mercy, but he laughed and said "you little cockroach, trying to steal food from my plate, I will punish you in a way you will remember forever about it." he said in his disgusted tone and went to heat up the rod. there was a plate of scissors and knife next to me so I tried freeing myself, I got successful doing it, but I didn't let him know.

he came with rod I pushed him away kicking right in his stomach and tried running but he grabbed me and threw on the floor. "I will kill you, you little bitch" he said as he held my neck tightly making me unable to breath, I tried freeing myself from his hold but he was too strong, so I used the scissors I was holding on my hands and shoved it down his throat and ran as fast as I could from the orphanage, knowing if I stopped he'll find me and kill me.

After walking for miles I ended up Infront of a house that's the last thing I remember because I fainted in the porch. I opened my eyes to see I was in a bed in a white room, but I was terrified I woke up and screamed as I saw a women sitting next to me "please don't hurt me, please don't, I didn't do anything" I said crying. she hugged me instantly "shhh, no ones hurting anyone okay" she said comforting me.

"please don't send me to him, he'll kill me, please" I said begging to her. "to whom?" she asked. "to Hitler, to that orphanage they are really bad, they hurt me everyday please I beg you" I said.

"you will stay here with us" she said as a man entered the room. "is she okay?" she asked the woman. "no babe, she's terrified, what should we do?" she asked worriedly looking me. "please don't sent me back to that place Hitler will kill me he was going to kill me" I asked joining my hands together begging for help.

[PRESENT]

I told him. "I never thought that those unknown people would adopt me, but ya they did, they were married for 6 years trying to have a baby but failing, and she said when she saw me it felt like I brought hope in her life that she can be a mother after all, they gave this name 'KAIRA MAHROTRA' every thing was falling in place, my life it was getting better, and then my parents filled a complaint against the orphanage just to know that Hitlers dead body was found a week ago in the dark room , with a scissors embedded in his throat. as I heard I got really scared that I hugged my mom tightly, she understood why I did that and asked my to tell her everything that happened and so I did." I took a break and sighed and the I continued.

"she took me in her arms and told me not to worry about anything, and then I heard that no finger prints were found on them as it was covered by blood, just Hitler's finger prints, maybe it was my parents doing, I thought. they educated me, sent me to a good school, that's where I met Christy. we became friends as she was kind to me and others teased me. then we got to knew that my father and hers worked at same place and were friend, that's how our friendship grew. my parents promised to protect me from every bad thing, but how I can I forget I was the only bad thing to everyone. I was 12 when they died too in an car accident coming back home from some party, that night I spent alone sitting in my mothers room crying for her to come, asking my dad to hug me but they didn't. the next morning Christy's dad came looking for me and found me in my parents room and hugged me tight, and brought me back home with him, her mom welcomed me with open arms and so did christy. only Christy's and my family knew about Hitler's death no one else, I never knew that she had poisoned filled against me in her heart." I said as I leaned back and felt relaxed as a burden took off my chest. he was quite.

"please say something krish, your silence is killing me" I said.