29. I CANT

"i just saw Tess leaving Vedants room". "Vedants room? Tessa?" he asked casually.

i nod. "half dressed" i added. "yeah they might have drunk yesterday" he said as he rolled back to the bed. "it seems normal to you? he took advantage of a drunk girl" i said knitting my eyebrows and looking at him.

"no he didn't they are both adults and its normal to you know get drunk and have sex" he added sitting cross legged on bed. i shook my head disagreeing. "she was drunk, how any of this is even normal to you." i was feeling annoyed. "like she just wanted to take her mind off her break up and vedant took advantage of her situation and you're defending him? i just cant believe it krish." i sighed and said.

Tessa is not a girl who can have sex with anyone and everyone, she is peculiar on that like me. we actually have lot more in common just more than our thoughts, our hair colour our eyes just her eyes are lighter brown than mine, and same skin colour. its like we are unidentical twins. i know its lame but its feels like it, but that's not the case. i am just protective of her because she was there with me when no one was. so its just me protecting her in every way possible, because i couldn't be with her when she was at her worst and i feel terrible about it.

"ya because its normal Kaira get over it you get drunk and you have sex, maybe sometimes even with strangers, its fucking normal" he said in an annoying tone. "then elaborate what is more normal to you Mr. krish shergill " i said. "so i was drunk did a random stranger threw himself on me and i should have had sex with him you saying?" i asked.

"why you're making it about you and me?" he asked getting off the bed and walking towards me. i showed my palm asking him to stop. "you know what, throw yourself on anyone i don't care, and ask your fucking best friend to keep his hands off my friend other wise. . . ." i said and stopped i picked my outfit for ceremony and went straight in the bathroom closing the door behind him.

when i took shower i remembered everything. it was coming in pieces. from making out in elevator, to the entry if Zeenat aunty, and how much we hated her presence so i pretended i was going to puke on her so she lets us go to our floor first. how we made outside without laughing and almost ripped our clothes before making inside our room and rest is wild and ravishing indeed.

don't forget Kaira you're mad at him. no you are not going easy on him because of last night.

***

we were standing near the stage both just staring at each other and not talking. we just kept staring. he was looking amazing in yellow kurta and unbuttoned in front with his Gucci sunglasses on. i could see him staring at me through those sun glasses. i turned away. i was mad at his replies.

like if he is drunk so he'll throw himself at any random girl? wow krish nice phycology for real. we all went to the pool side as the ritual ended, we didn't much enjoy it, i didn't even go near him or talked to him much. Tessa and i were sitting in one wooden bench and vedant and krish on other. there was an awkwardness in the silence.

"i need a coffee" i said getting up, "i need one too" vedant said and left with i wanted to yell at him for fucking my friend, and taking advantage of her when she was drunk. i turned facing him "i am pissed at you" i said. "i didn't fuck her, don't worry, i would never take advantage of a drunk girl" he said in one go as if he knew what i was talking about. i felt relieve but i was still angry at krish.

***

me and Tessa sat in silence before she broke it and said. "i know she saw me coming out of his room, and that you guys fought on me but nothing really happened between us" she said i knitted my eyebrows because it was unbelievable. "we didn't do anything, krish she is protective of the things she loves, and i can see it her eyes love that shines only for you, i have never seen her like this before, happy, in love. . .krish i know she filled me in with the details. but whatever you guys fought on sort it out with her before she bursts out and it wont be good, and you know it, because. . . somewhere you feel for her, you feel something for her that you haven't defined yet but you will have to soon" she said looking at my eyes. its the most honest opinion and words i have ever heard from someone. she is lot like Kaira in thoughts.

"did she mentioned that she loves me?" i asked her looking towards the pool. "no, but i can see it in her eyes, actually any random person can" she said laughing. i nod

she loves me? me?

it was a bit hard to digest because we did went through a lot but we are past it and love its something i don't know if i believe in, but ya i have to say i cant-i cant live my life with out her in it.

i did thought that i loved christy but in the end i was just marrying her because of the ultimatum my dad kept for the property i worked hard and seek for years.