2

Fatima was running late for work and her attitude had officially graduated from bothered to irritated.

She immediately regretted not stopping by the coffee shop closer to her building.

"Salted caramel latte splash of almond milk"!! the barista hollered over the hussle and bussle going in inside the shop.

"Finally" she sighed, shifting her bag to her left hand as she walked towards the counter. To her surprise another hand reached for her drink.

"Thanks man. Make the lady one and put it on my tab" the voice from a man said. "Mm, excuse me? There's no need because this is mine, thank you Kyle" she smiled, wrapping her hand around the cold cup. It wasn't until then she looked up to see who was the owner of the caramel complected, veined, muscular, ring free hand.

"Who has an open tab at a coffee shop"? Fatima asked, grabbing the cup before turning to walk away. "The man who owns the whole block" he said confidently causing Fatima to chuckled and swallow hard. She knew who he was. He smiled a little seeing her reaction. He straightened his tie before extended his had to Fatima.

"Zac-"

"Zachary Taylor..I'm aware..my buildings a block over"

Fatima held herself together as she switched hands. "Fa-" she finally started realizing her hand was still out but the sound of her phone stopped her. She sighed seeing it was Jasmine, her friend and business partner. They had a meeting in 20 minutes and Fatima was still at least 10 minutes away.

"I'd love to chat but I'm running late for work" she said. "Nice meeting you"! She said, sipping her coffee, heading to the door before he could speak.

••••

"I know everybody coming to see Danni in her little white or whatever but I'm honestly fine as fuck" Zac said, rubbing his beard, posing in the 360 mirror.

"I still can't believe this man really getting married" He said, slapping his best friend, Preston on the shoulder as he came out from the dressing room. "Yeah..I love Danni, why keep waiting, ya know"? He said, turning to the side to make sure the fit was what he wanted..or what Danni asked for.

"Yeah no, I don't know actually but that's beautiful" Zac chuckled, he took his phone out, snapping a few photos of them.

"What about Jayda? Y'all been dating for a little minute" Preston said, walking back into the dressing room. "Woah, I'm not dating her. If she dating me, thats her issue" Zac said without changing his tone. Preston laughed. "Man, come on."

"What you mean? She said she didn't wanna date right now, so shit i'm like me either..did I think it was gonna turn into 6 months of me cracking her spine a few times a week? No".

"I get that... I thought you were trying to get to know the girl..at first and don't pretend like you wasn't" Preston shot back. "Yes, this is true...at first but then she started talking big shit like she didn't wanna be held down by a man and didn't wanna have to answer to a man, all that shit..and I'm looking at her like woah shawty, this just the second date..i'm not even that type of dude" Zac laughed remembering exactly what happened that night. "Then she threw the shit on me when we got in the car..and you know me..."

"Yeah..I do know you" Preston said walking from the dressing room, he had changed back into the button down, slacks and dress shoes he wore before. "I did see this fine ass girl at the coffee shop today..fine as hell, kinda rude though..her mouth probably smart as fuck too" He smirked, going into the dressing room to change himself.