55

After leaving the hotel, Fatima stopped by her parent's house to get Jurnee on the way home. She didn't bother to explain what happened especially when she knew they would ask if this had any effect on their wedding day and she definitely didn't have an answer for that question.

Once she made it home, Fatima desperately tried to close her eyes and get a little sleep but she couldn't. The way her mind turned was the way her body tossed around her side of the bed. It was going on 1 in the morning and as bad as she didn't want to bother her, she needed to talk to her friend. Tiffany was asleep when she answered Fatima's call but she told her she would be on her way.

"Damnit Zac" Tiffany regretfully replied to the news of all that had went down at the hotel.

"And on top of that..you were right friend. I'm 6 weeks" Fatima shook her head as she lightly rubbed her daughter's curly jet black hair. "I was 6 weeks when I found out about Jurnee too. I think I tested too early on Zac's birthday"

"I knew it." Tiffany grinned from ear to ear but it quickly went away when she heard Fatima's sniffles. "I just don't understand why he lied. He could have just told me. It makes me think like damn, what else has he been lying about?"
Tiffany squinted her eyes at Fatima, "Be forreal friend" she rolled them "I do agree that he should have just told you but Ti look at everything you guys have been through in the past year. You can't sit here and tell me you don't think he was only trying to protect you and my niece"

Reluctantly, Fatima looked over at Tiffany to face the truth. "I know he was Tiffany but we don't lie to each other and he lied to me. He broke my trust and for it to be because of something brought to him by that bi—" Fatima paused as Junree's little deep brown eyes looked up at her. "What's next? Cheating? Father of my children or not, I'm not sticking around to be lied to and cheated on"

"Now your ass is overthinking. How did we even get to him cheating on you Fatima?"

"I didn't say he was! but what's next if I let him lie to me like that?" she paused and waited for Tiffany to say something "Exactly" she added, when Tiffany kept quiet and just rolled her eyes for a third time.

"Not uh, don't do that because I'm not agreeing with you. You need to talk to him"

"I will. When I'm ready. I just need time to process all this."

"Well, I hate to break it to you friend but there is a wedding hall with really nice and insanely expensive decorations that's already paid for and scheduled in 4 days. I look real good in my dress and you look amazing in yours so get in your prayer closet and call on the Lord because as your friend, I'm not gonna sit here and let you make a rash decision like the one you're thinking about making"

Against her wishes, Fatima's eyes began to swell. She quickly turned around so her tears wouldn't be seen falling. The whole situation triggered feelings she's tried to bury for so long.

"Awe babes, I understand. You have valid reasons for your feelings to be hurt but that's all the more reason why you have to make a decision." Tiffany encouraged, not aware of everything her friend was feeling. Fatima's heart ached at the fact whether or not she was going to marry Zachary Taylor was even question on the table. She just couldn't wrap her mind around it.

"I'm gonna to ask you something and you know you can be honest with me" Tiffany began, making sure to look her friend in the eye. Fatima just blinked, holding her friend stare.

"Do you still want to marry him, Fatima?"

Fatima just looked up at her friend, not able to give her an answer.

Meanwhile..

"I fucked up" Zac mumbled in sorrow as Cameron started the car. "I'd lay my life down for her and my baby but I should have said something. I fucked up"