8

1:46 am

Zac parked his car on the backside of the hotel. He had spent the last 5 hours riding around in complete silence, trying to clear his mind. He sat at the park, watching the ducks at the lake for 3 of those hours.

It took him longer than he expected to calm down but it was something about Fatima being disrespected in his presence he just couldn't stomach. Zac has made strides in controlling his anger; especially since being with Fatima. She had a temper too, sometimes worse than his but she had mastered being in control of it. As far as Zac, he's still working on that.

"Maannn", he fought the air as his phone rang again. It was Jayda. She had been calling since he left earlier. He waited, watching her name flash across the screen in his dashboard.

Zac figured he would go ahead and answer it, since he was going back to the room and he knew Fatima would probably be there.

He huffed, finally accepting the call, not saying anything as it connected.

"Uh hello? Zac?"

"Yeah, what's up?" he said, his voice stale.

"Are you okay? Where are you? I've been calling since-"

"Jayda, I know. I just needed my space"

"Oh" she scoffed with an attitude. "Space? Yeah, that's what I heard"

"Then why would you keep calling? Look, it's late. Im going to shower and lay down"

"Well..are you home? I can come keep you company..if you like" her voice switched to a seductive tone making Zac chuckle. "I'm not home and if I was, I'd still need my space. It's late Jayda. Go to bed"

The line was silent before he heard the sound of a Facetime call.

"Jay-"

"Answer it Zac..please" He tightly closed his eyes before answering the call. When it connected, he stared at Jayda, dressed in black lace lingerie.

"Jayda..what are you doing?" he asked and she smacked her lips. "what do you mean? I'm showing you what you need, don't I always know what you need?"
Zac couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"I'm sorry, I promise Im not laughing at you but evidently not because if I'm telling you I need space and you...don't worry about it". He opened his car door. "Have a good night Jayda" he said, ending the call.

••••

Once Zac made it to the room, he wasn't sure if Fatima would be asleep so he slowly opened the door and quietly shut it behind him.

"Zac?" he heard her alert voice, making him smile. "Yeah baby, it's me" he said, sitting his keys and phone on the table. She jumped up with her favorite throw blanket wrapped around her and scooted towards him and he met her halfway, opening his arms.

Both of the shoulders settled as he held onto her. "I knew you needed to calm down but it was getting late and I started to worry" she whispered, pulling back from their embrace. "You never have to worry about me T. I used to tell you that all the time" She smiled and rubbed his face, studying it closely.

"It doesn't even look like you got into a fight. Did any of his punches connect? Shit" Fatima asked, seriously. "Not one" Zac said with a straight face. "I can tell" Fatima looked into his tired eyes. "We've been up since 6am yesterday..I paid for an extra day..if you're not busy"

Zac shook his head "Im not a fan of you paying for shit but I'm not busy, we can stay wherever, however long you want"

It was quiet for a minute as she lifted his hands up to check them out. "Ow, shit"