4

The rehearsal dinner..

The wedding coordinator made sure everybody understood their duties as a part of the wedding party. When the bride told her Zac and Fatima had just met the day before, she was appalled.

"You guys are definitely up there with the bride and groom when it comes to the importance of the day" Amy started, adjusting her glasses and scrolling on her ipad. "You guys look amazing together though...love the chemistry but I have some building exercises I want you to try by tomorrow. It'll bring you even closer..I'll be right back" she said, smiling and bouncing away with her assistant behind her.

Fatima forced her face into a grin as Amy's ponytail swayed from side to side.

"Building exercises? This isn't the 3rd grade" Fatima laughed. Zac looked over at her "Right. She think we slow or some shit? Where is Preston?" Fatima waved her hand as if she was tossing something in the air. "I'm not doing that shit. All we're doing is walking and taking pictures tomorrow. Amy extra as hell." They laughed together.

"Besides" Zac started, taking the empty chair beside her. "I've learned all I need to know..for now" he looked over at Fatima. She side eyed him before chuckling. "Oh, is that so?" He nodded and flashed that smile making Fatima's chest tight again. "Yeah, you're Danni's sister. That's all I need to know for the time being"

"Psssh" Fatima laughed "Okay, if you say so"

"You'll be around me as much as I'll be around you. Trust me." he turned in his chair to face her. Fatima watched him closely without turning her head. "Trust you? I don't even know you" she gave a smirk, slightly batting her lashes.

Zac rubbed his beard and blinked slowly before making eye contact with Fatima. She made sure to keep her face unreachable. "And that's the fun part. I'll teach you..just like you'll teach me"

"Mhm" her lips poked out as she fought a smile "Sure"

"Hey! Booked and Busy..we're heading back to the house for the party. T, are you staying here tonight or my place?"Danni asked, as she and Preston walked over to them. They were swinging hands and she was grinning ear to ear. "I'm gonna come back tonight only because I wanna be here early enough to change whatever you don't like when I facetime you, I'll be at you house by 7 am" Fatima replied, playfully rolling her eyes. Danni smiled even harder "You're so spoiled it's sick" Preston said kissing the back of her hand. "Most of that is your soft ass fault bro" Zac added

"Right..this expensive ass wedding" he and Fatima laughed together making Danni squint.

"Aye, easy on my man okay?" Danni interjected "Right! and chill on my wife..sound like a bunch of hating going for two single people"

"Woaaah, ain't nobody hating on shit" Zac laughed, throwing his hands up.
"Right, I might be single but i'm far from alone.." Fatima said crossing her legs.

"Mhm, whatever" Danni said smirking and looking her friend up and down. "Babe, let's go. We gotta stop by the store before they close"

"Oh true! Bro, you coming back right?" Zac nodded, taking a sip from his cup. "You know it, I got you bro" he said giving Preston dap.

"See y'all later..keep them legs just as they are, Booked!" Danni yelled as she and Preston walked off.

Neither Fatima or Zac made another peep until Danni and Preston were completely out of view. Fatima sighed and stood up. "Room 1393" she said without looking at Zac. He chuckled, sipping his drink again.

"Woman, I know the room number. I paid for it"

•••

After the party..