54

2 months ago...

A week has passed since Fatima shared the news to Zac about what happened to him the day his daughter was born. What made the news even more heart breaking was it happened at the hands of his father and his father's accomplice, which happened to be an old fling of his. It wasn't like he had feelings for her but it still made him feel a way he couldn't quite explain. He decided to let whatever be, simply just be. He was enjoying being a new father while watching the love of his life blossom into a beautiful mother and that's all that mattered to him.

Smiling proudly, Zac looked at the image sent to him from his jeweler. "Shes gonna love this" he said, staring at the custom diamond engagement ring he had designed for Fatima.

There was a soft double knock on Zac's office door as he sat at his desk, "Mr Taylor?" Sara sweetly called as she opened his door. "Hello Sara" Zac smiled at his assistant "Everything okay?"

"Y-yes sir..there's just someone here to speak with you. She said it's extremely urgent and I know this is your first week back at the office and you have a meeting in the next 15 minutes but—" there was a slight tremble in her voice before she paused and swallowed nervously. Zac sat his phone down and closed his laptop in order to give her his full attention. He could see the fear in her face.

"Sara..what's going on?" He asked immediately coming from around his desk. The door opened a little more, revealing Jayda. Zac's face dropped in disgust. He stood there for a minute as the thought of smacking the dawg shit out of her crossed his mind.

"Mr Taylor? Are you okay? Should I call for security?" Sara asked, keeping her focus straight ahead.

"That won't be necessary. Thank you Sara. You can leave now" Zac simply replied before closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, leave".

"Jayda.." Zac warned as Sara closed the door behind her.

"What do you want? Why are you here?"

"Listen, I need to speak with you. I think you want to hear this"

"No. I don't think I do. I really don't want to hear shit you have to say"

"What if I told you the lives of your hood ass Huxtables family depended on it?"

"You might want to watch what the fuck you say and how the fuck you choose to say it. Im not behind the wheel of a vehicle and neither are you"

Jayda's mood changed and she paused, thinking he must know. Like God had graced Zac with the gift of mind reading, a smirk grew his across face. "You're thinking right. I know about everything. I should have just let my wife handle you"

Jayda's mind ran wild as she thought of her next move. She hadn't planned on him finding out the truth behind the accident he was in, let alone him knowing who were the culprits. She had to move fast. "Okay Zac" she sadly mumbled before sitting on the plush sofa in his office. He internally smirked thinking about the times he and Fatima had shared there.

"I'm..I'm sorry. I truly am but it wasn't on me. I didn't know Rod was going to try and kill you" she lied, adding a small whine for theatrical flare.

"Yeah whatever. Why were you referencing my wife and child Jayda?" She sat in silence, mustering up whatever tears she could. "I gave my life to Rod..he's been using me since I was younger. I'm in so deep Zac..I'm scared"

Zac just stood there, resting his weight on his right foot. "That's not what I asked you. You got about.." he looked at the diamond encrusted watch on his wrist, "83 seconds".

Jayda rolled her eyes before she began.
"Rod knows you survived the crash and we're all in danger. Me, you, Fatima and your daughter." she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. She blinked, making sure he saw them fall. "He has to die Zac. I can't bare this life anymore."