30

1 month later..

"Jasmine, baby..can you take this tray outside for me please?" Carol asked, after covering it with plastic wrap. "Yes ma'am" Jasmine said, coming from around the corner to take the pan out the back door.

Today was Fatima's baby shower and everything was going just as planned. Zac had food carted but of course Fatima wanted her favorites made by her favorite people.

"You need any help, ma?" Zac asked, walking back inside the house. "Oh no baby, this is for you and Fatima. You should be enjoying today, not running around" she laughed at him. "That may be true and I do appreciate everything everybody is doing for us but I still have my manners, Mama C" he said, half hugging her and kissing the top of her head.

"Hands off my woman. You already got your Wilson Woman" Mr B said, grabbing a beer from the cooler by the door. "Oh B hush!"
Zac laughed at them, he couldn't wait to grow old with Fatima. He had a few tricks up his sleeve but he's been praying and asking God to show him when the time was right.

"Zac!" he heard Danni's voice coming from the stairwell. He jogged over to where she was, immediately laughing when he saw her face. "My baby driving y'all crazy, ain't she?"

Danni rolled her eyes and turned around, heading back upstairs. "I quit. Come get this damn girl"

•••••

Fatima's Vanity Room..

"This is not right!" Fatima yelled, stomping her bare feet as she looked at herself in the full length mirror.

"Fatima, how not? What's wrong? You look so pretty" Tiffany tied, standing behind her in the mirror. "I don't feel pretty Tiff. I just feel big. Maybe this is the wrong shade. It's too bright."

"Well, sweetie unless you wanna wear a $2000 designer dress to your backyard, this is the only thing your brought for the shower" Danni said, folding her arms as she sat in the empty chair.

Fatima looked up at the ceiling, tightly closing her eyes "Well tell everybody to go home. I'm not wearing this shit and I'm not going downstairs" she huffed, going into the connected bathroom and shutting the door.

"Oh my God" Tiffany and Danni said together.

Zac came from around the corner, chuckling lightly. "Is it safe?" he joked. walking into the room.

"Is it ever safe when she's upset?" Tiffany asked rolling her eyes. "Come on Tiff..her man here now. We going to get a drink" Danni said, standing up. "Shit, I need two" Tiffany added before they left the room.

Zac took a deep breath before walking over the bathroom door. He knocked softly, waiting for her to cuss him out.

"Go the fuck away, Tiffany" she said on the other side of the door. "It's me baby".

It was silent for a minute before he heard the door unlock. Zac smiled and opened it to see Fatima, sitting on side of the tub in full weep.

"Awe baby" he said, walking over to her. "I don't wanna go out there Zac" she said between sniffles as Zac grabbed a tissue to wipe her face. "My make up isn't even done. I've got another hour to be ready...I'm ruining everything"

"Aye, stop that Fatima..Today is about you and our baby. We will wait all day for you to be ready. You haven't ruined everything Annie"

"But I'm so big. I'm so swollen, my back is starting to hurt..and this dress" she looked down, shaking her head.."This dress makes me look-"

"Beautiful, even more beautiful" Zac cut off her words off, grabbing her chin to he could look into her eyes, "My babies look beautiful" Fatima looked up at him, her bottom lip poked all the way out. "Really?" she asked in a sweet, tiny voice. Zac laughed at her wide puppy dog eyes. "Yes baby, you are beautiful" Fatima blinked as more tears came to her eyes.