17

The drive home was a quiet one, besides Fatima's sobs and whispers to God, it was only the sound of her tires on the road.

She cried for 20 minutes before she even started her car in the parking lot of her OBGYN office. Her goal was to cry it all out before Zac got home later that day. She wanted to be as level headed as possible when she told worked up the nerve to tell him.

During the past month, Zac had talked Fatima into putting her house on the market. He felt like they had been apart long enough and all he wanted to do was wake up to her face every morning and kiss it before bed every night.

She sold it for $483,000 within a week.

"Damnit. He must have canceled that meeting anyway" she mumbled to herself as she turned into the driveway, seeing Zac outside in a pair of shorts with his arms out. He was wiping down the rims on his jet black Ford F-250, "His 2nd Stallion" as he says being that Fatima was his first.

He stood up straight, an eager smile immediately growing across his face as she watched her pull in. He folded the black microfiber cloth, placing on the hood of his truck before jogging over to the driver side of Fatima's car.

"Hey sexy" he said, when he laid eyes on his woman. "Hey honey" she answered lowly, turning to grab her bag. She tried to hide her eyes because she knew they were red from how they felt.

"Come on" he said, taking her hand into his and helping her out of the car. She was quiet and he noticed it. With a concerned look on his face, he pulled her into a hug and Fatima broke all the way down. Zac stood still, rubbing her back as she cried into his chest.

"I'm so sorry" she mumbled over and over.

Zac looked at the top of her head confused.

"Fatima, what's going on?" he asked, pulling back to finally look at her face. It was the reddest he had ever seen it. Without a second thought, he got her keys and hit the lock button twice before interlocking their hands and heading towards the front door.

Once they were in the house, he walked them over to the sofa, never taking his hand from hers.

"Baby" he said, sitting down and lowering her onto his lap. She was still crying. "Fatima" he said softly, trying to wipe her face but she turned her head.

"Fa-"

"I'm pregnant" there was silence.

She turned back to face him, he was already staring at her. "You are?" he asked, seemly in shock.

"Yeah" she dropped her head, playing with her fingers. "I'm 6 weeks Zac" she mumbled.

Zac paused before lifting to pull out his phone from his pocket but she put her hand over the screen. "It's the same week Zac...the week on the 10th" she took another deep breath, her voice felt worn and dry.

"But..what about us..Fatima we get down 3,4 times a day and we have been since the wedding...the night I left it was twice that day" His tone was urgent, almost like he was pleading.

"I know but Zac" she turned to him with tears steaming down her face. "It's too close..."

"But you don't even know if you slept with him for real Tima and his bitch ass won't even talk to you" his voice has changed, she could hear the sound of pissed beginning to form in his chest.

"Zac, I know..which is all the more reason I can't have this baby" Zac closed his eyes, controlling his breathing. "I mean he won't talk to me, I'm in a relationship now...I can't Zac".

He only nodded, looking away he from her. He blinked a few times causing the tears in his eyes to come to his waterline.

"Zac please" she reached for him, laying her head on his shoulder. "Im sorry" she whispered, looking at the side of his face. "I never meant to hurt you, I promise baby. I love you" she could feel his chest rising at a steady pace as his tears began to fall.

"Fatima" he said softly "Im not crying because Im hurt. Im crying because he hurt you"

"Listen to me" he said, repositioning her to face him. "If you don't want to go through with this, then you don't have to and if you do, then you do. Regardless of anything else, you are my priority Fatima. I've got the rest of my life to get you pregnant" she broke into a soft smile making him chuckle.

"There it goes" he said, as they took turns wiping the tears from each other faces.

"I love you..more than I ever thought was imaginable and this doesn't change that..nothing has and nothing even will"

Fatima softly blinked and nodded her head. Zac rised her hand, being that it was still interlocked with his.

"If you rocking" he kisses the back of it softly "You know I'm rolling" he kissed it again...

an hour later...

Fatima wanted to shower and get cozy with a movie and her man. When he offered to shower with her and wash her back and she would never resist.

They took turns washing each other "hard to reach spots" as Zac made sure to say something to keep a smile on her face every chance he got.

He ordered them lunch and Fatima wanted to eat in bed so he removed the food from the takeout containers and plated it on a plate from this cabinet. He poured her a glass of her favorite Simply Blueberry Lemonade and served it to her on a lap tray as she sat in bed like the queen she was.

Not long after, she had fallen asleep on top of him while they laid cuddled up, watching Avatar 2: The Way of the Water.

Zac enjoyed every second of being with Fatima but since she came home and broke the news, each second felt different.

His mandate as a man, as her man felt different.

He looked down at her, lightly snoring and sleeping so peacefully. Zac shook his head and grabbed his phone, heading to the group chat.

real niggas, long 💰🤝🏽

zac: aye.

preston: what's up?
cameron: yooo

zac: we need to meet up, i got some shit to handle. my crib at 9.

preston: cool
cameron: 🏌🏾‍♂️

Zac acknowledged their responses before kissing Fatima's forehead and locking his phone.

"When I said I don't fuck around bout my baby, I meant that shit" he said out loud before he turned the movie up and snuggled his face deeper into her neck.
Within 10 minutes, he was snoring too.

•••••

honey, is you happy? 🫠