18

9:20pm.

Man Cave...

Zac, Preston and Cameron stood around the pool table, not playing pool. With Fatima's permission, Zac explained to them what life had been like for the last month inside the Taylor house.

"Then he just ghosts her? Nah, fuck that" Cam said, sipping his second beer. "Yeah, Danni didn't tell me all that. What the fuck did he do to her?" Preston asked, sounding like the concerned big brother he was to Fatima.

"I don't know, she barely remembers anything..and now-" Zac took a minute to breathe. Cameron and Preston's faces grew worried.

"She's pregnant..and ofcourse the dates match up as the same week all this shit happened."

"You're fucking lying bro" Cameron coldly chuckled, looking down and away.

Preston shook his head, "This beer weak as fuck right now" he said walking away.

"I wish it was cap" Zac sighed, sipping his beer "On God I wish it was"

"So what's the plan?" Cameron asked. Zac looked at him with a cocky grin. Cam had that sound in his voice and that look in his eyes. "I'm starting off simple. I just wanna talk to him" Zac squinted, looking off in thought.

"Nah hell nah. I know what we been out the streets for a minute but.."

"Bro," Zac started. "I know. I've talked myself out of setting off bombs for weeks. I gotta take my time with this one...do some research on his ass first..while I do that, I want answers and Im going to him to get them."

Both guys nodded.

"Only reason I wanted to share this with my brothers is because I feel like that nigga ain't really who that nigga wanted Ti to believe he was. It's something to that nigga. I knew it the moment I sat at the table at the reception."

"What you mean?" Preston asked curiously.

"Think about it..Fatima is Fatima. Her guard is always up and she's strong, fearless..ain't never been scared of shit but her heart is good, made of gold...that night he made her feel safe..he made her feel safe enough to.."

Zac felt himself growing upset again so he decided to stop while he was ahead. He shook his head as an attempt to calm himself down "Look I don't know..", he sighed.

He sat his glass down, grabbing the freshly rolled spliff from the pool table. He put it between his lips and lit it, breathing in so it could began to slow burn. Taking a solid pull, he blows a thick cloud of smoke into the air.

"but I know my woman, I know some shit ain't right and I'm coming for answers."

••••

Fatima's Vanity Room...

"Are you sure Fatima? An abortion can take a toll on your body." Danni stated as she watched Fatima silk press her hair in the mirror.

"Yeah" Fatima nodded, spraying a little of heat protector before slowly running the flatiron down a small section of hair as she chased it with a fine tooth comb.

"I know Danni but the dates are just too close" she shook her head, continuing hair.

"Can you imagine if I carry this baby for 9 months with Zac by my side the entire time, we grow attached to it and then find out it's not his? Danni, I could never live with that. I couldn't"

Danni nodded, giving a soft smile "I get that. You love him, I understand but Fatima.." she got up, walking over to her friend. "What if it is Zac's? Hell, y'all fuck like rabbits. I'm surprised you're just now pregnant"