48

8:45 pm..

Fatima quietly snuck back in the house through the garage door. "This has to be the shitty bullshit I've ever heard" she whispered on the phone with Tiffany.

"I don't know yet Tiff. I don't even want to tell him" Fatima removed her sneakers by the door and sat her purse on the kitchen table before going to the skin to wash her hands. She knew Jurnee was asleep because of the app that came with the baby monitor. She figured Zac was asleep too because they sleep when she sleeps but the sound of a man clearing his throat made her rethink what she thought. "Shit" she cursed

"Yeah, Cam looking at me too" Tiffany said on the end other end of the phone "I gotta go" Fatima said, hanging the phone up. She didn't turn around from the sink, hoping he wouldn't say anything else.

"Come in here Fatima. We need to talk"

"Uhh did you eat? Where's mamas? She's probably hungry" Fatima say trying to walk towards the steps but Zac was quick to stop her. "Fatima Anne, don't play with me" was all he had to say. She sighed, her shoulders dropping as she made her way to the living room to plop down on the sofa.

"I don't know why you doing all that for forreal. You know you're in hot shit Fatima" he said sternly, taking the seat beside her. "I know" she mumbled without looking at him. Zac sighed, rubbing his head over his face "Where's the body baby?" he asked. Fatima turned to finally face him, looking at him confused. Zac just chuckled, "I know you. Cam told me Tiff was in all black, you dressed like a gangster ass Charlie's Angel and you never carry that purse without some kinda of plan"

"Zac please" Fatima said trying not to laugh at him, "Oh and you think it's funny?!" he said dramatically at her "Where is the body Fatima? You just ate my ass up about ol dude at the office and you out here with accomplices and shit"

"Zac! Shut up! Damn" Fatima yelled, unable to control her laugher this time "We didn't kill anybody. There's no body"

Zac read her face for a few moments, she intensely looked back at him making him smirk "Okay, I believe you but you better stop looking at me like that. Jurnee told me she was lonely"

"What the fuck ever" Fatima blew him off and he smacked his lips "Seriously babe. None of that happened. We went to talk to someone. Just talk. That's it" Fatima said, beginning to play with her nails. Zac squinted at her, "Who?"

"Tierra" she answered quickly

Zac looked confused, he shook his head "What? Why?"

Fatima sighed, silently aggravated she didn't just empty a clip of each of these fools a piece.
"I saw her at the gas station with mom earlier. I wanted to ask her why her name was removed from the paperwork especially after our last conversation and babe, when she saw me she nearly fainted. She doesn't look good either, like she's drained"

"Damn" Zac said, shrugging his shoulders.

"But she told me some shit.." Fatima's voice trailed as she shook her head "That's where the body comes in"

Zac looked over at Fatima, his eyebrows already furrowed and concerned all over his face. She sat a hand on his lap, looking into his eyes. "I know you don't remember a lot of what happened that day but are you sure you didn't see who was driving?"

"Baby, I beyond sure. The tint was dark as fuck, I'm shocked they could even see out of that"

"Okay" Fatima sighed looking at him "Tierra asked me to come talk to her so she could tell me everything I wanted to know..in her words, not mine" she looked away briefly then locked eyes with Zac again "Did Rod ever talk to you about his diagnosis?"