56

Zac aimlessly tried to find something to work on while he sat at his desk. He had completed all necessary paperwork on his end of business and gotten the two follow up meetings scheduled for today out of the way. He had Sara make sure everything else would be scheduled after the wedding.

"Mmtch" Zac smacked his lips, realizing it had been a while since his assistant made him aware that Fatima loved everything he had gotten her. He was pleased to hear that she said exactly what he thought she would.

Just as he grabbed this phone to start a facetime call to Fatima, the sound of a graceful stride made its way down the hall, growing louder with each step that was taken. Zac sat the pen down, smirking as he rises from behind his desk. He knew exactly who it was. He watched her wiggle the knob before realizing it was locked. Keys lightly giggled and the knob on the door turned until it opened. She had her head turned over her shoulder, smiling and talking to who he assumed was Sara. Zac cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Oh", she was a little taken back by his presence but happy to see him all the same. "The door was locked. I thought you weren't in here"

"Come inside Fatima" Zac softly instructed. She didn't say another word, closing and locking the door behind her. "What's that?" Zac asked, referring to the white styrofoam plate she carried in her hand. "Sara said you hadn't ate yet so I thought I'd bring you lunch.." Fatima's voice trailed a little as she sat the plate down on Zac's desk. "Thank you baby" Zac said, trying not to smile too hard because he knew what conversation was around the corner.

"Of course" was all Fatima said, going over to his mini fridge to grab two waters but Zac stopped her before she could open the door.

"Sit down baby. I can get it myself"

"It's just a water Zac, it's no big—"

Zac's eyes narrowed at her, making her words stop and her month snap shut. "Okay" she replied, taking the empty seat behind his desk. Zac smirked at her seat of choice. He warmed his plate and gathered the necessary utensils
to enjoy the home cooking his wife had brought him.

They talked over small details about Junree and the shopping trip Fatima had planned for her due to the seasons beginning to change.

"I think that's a good idea babe," Zac stirred around what was left of his greens, he put a half of scoop worth on his fork and added a little macaroni on the edge. He had finished his 8 count sweet bourbon wings a while ago. Fatima enjoyed cooking for him. She did it with pride everytime.

"Yeah, I should probably do the same for myself. I was pregnant with Junree during the summer. I'll be pregnant up until Spring this time around"

"True" Zac said, finishing up his plate and grabbing his water. He calmly smiled, thinking of how they had created another beautiful life.
He knew the lingering issues of the other night had to be addressed but he missed their moments of chemistry, how they would jump from one topic to another they way they did. He wanted to talk to her about whatever she wanted to talk about.

"About that..how you feeling?" he attentively asked, discarding his trash. Fatima sighed and gave a small shrug before she began to speak "I feel good I guess. I didn't start feeling pregnant with Junree until I noticed my bump in the shower one day"

"I remember that", Zac said with a chuckle as he walked over to her. He took her hand in his, lifting her from the chair. "You were dripping wet, standing in the mirror, crying your eyes out" Zac recalled. "I was. I didn't know if I was happy, scared, excited, nervous. All the above is definitely the safest option though" they shared a quick, sweet laugh together. It made them both smile afterwards. The room soon fell silent as he held onto her body by her hips. His touch alone sent her heart fluttering in her chest. It hadn't been long but it had been long enough.