27

3 months later..

"Fatima, no" Zac said from the kitchen.

Fatima smacked her lips, crossing her arms on top of her big belly. Today was her 6 month appointment and they were running late, because Fatima changed clothes 3 times and now, she was trying to talk Zac into letting her wear heels.

"But babe, those are the only shoes that go perfectly with this dress."

"Fatima why would you put it on then? Baby girl, come on" Zac said putting his head down, "Mama, you're 6 months pregnant. You don't need to wear heels to an appointment. If you don't want to go today, we can reschedule"

"Who said I didn't wanna go Zac? I never said that"

"Baby, I didn't say you did..it's just you usually have your outfit together, especially for your appointments"

"I knooowww" Fatima hollered out, "I know babe...that's why I wanna wear heels. They make me feel like myself again" she whined, kicking her feet on the sofa.

Zac took a deep breath, rubbing his face before walking over to her. "I just, nothing fits and we just went shopping..again!" she cried as he walked into the living area.

"Ti, baby..look at me" he said sitting beside her, she kept her arms folded and lips poured out but she turned her body to face him.

"You're carrying a life right now, you know that?"

Fatima smacked her lips, "Uhhdamnduh", she nodded towards her crossed arms on top of her belly, "I'm a walking table" she chuckled and Zac laughed, "Yeah, you getting out there" he rubbed her belly and she squinted at him, "Aye, chill out for me"

"I'm sorry" he just chuckled, rubbing her belly faster to make her smile. "I'm sorry babe but listen, you are doing something so beautiful the thought of it brings me to tears sometimes. You body is honestly changing by the second, growing and expanding so the-"

"Growing and expanding? I'm so glad you aren't a life coach or some shit because this is horrible" Fatima interrupted, snaring her nose up at him.

"Can I finished, Fatima? Damn, lemme finish" Zac laughed as she rolled her eyes. "What I'm trying to say is I hear all the things you don't like about your body, all the things you can change after you give birth when everytime I see you, I see another part of you that I love"

Fatima's face softened and she pouted her bottom lip out further than before, making him laugh. "I'm serious. I never knew someone could grow more beautiful each day. I be daydreaming about getting you pregnant until I remember I already did"

"Zac, please shut up" she laughed, shaking her head. "I just want to make you smile baby, that's all" he said, scooting closer to her. She unfolded her arms, using one to touch his face. "You do make me smile Zac, everyday. I'm sorry I'm all over the place sometimes, I wanna do better"

"Stop it, don't apologize for that, especially because you can't help it"

Fatima shrugged, "Maybe not but there's nothing wrong with trying." They took a minute to stare into each other's eyes. Fatima could feel her eyes already watering. "I love you so much Zac"
Zac smiled, taking her hand from his face. He kissed it before placing on his heart.
"I love you right back, baby"

••••

2:30 pm - Ashely Women Center of Atlanta

"Are you gonna ask them about the sex?" Mama Carol asked Fatima while they were on Facetime. "Mama C, we don't really have to. That's kinda how we got here" Zac said rolling around the examine room on the doctors stool. Ofcourse both her parents thought it was the funniest thing ever.