13

An hour and an half later...

"Fatima...Ti..." Zac said as he kissed along side Fatima's face. "Baby, you need to eat" he shook her a little and smiled when her forehead wrinkled. "There you go" he kissed her forehead, rubbing her hair.

Her eyes slowly opened, Zac was happy to see they looked brighter than they did when he first got to her house.

"Hey Honey" she whispered, a soft smile growing across her face making Zac chuckle, "Hey Annie"

"How you feeling?" she looked away from his eyes for a minute and nodded, "I'm okay, better than earlier"

"That's good baby. You need to eat though"

"I can eat" she said in a low tone. Zac fought tooth and nail not to say shit, me too.

"Well good, lunch is downstairs when you're ready, okay?"

She nodded, looking into his eyes. "Thank you" she chocked out, feeling her throat grow dry, her voice was on the verge of cracking.

"Don't thank me, you were the one that said this is just who we are" He raised up, planting two kisses on the top of her head before lifting himself from her bedside. He flashed another smile before walking out the door, leaving it cracked just a little.

Fatima took a breath, wiping her eyes as she lifted up from the bed and threw her legs over the side. She thanked God the aching feeling she felt before was no long there. She shook her head as she grabbed her phone and saw she had a few missed calls and texts.

She laughed seeing a voicemail from Jasmine, already having a feeling what it was.

"Hey girl...Mmm soo..explain to me why Zachary muthafucking Taylor called the office saying you were taking some personal time?! Bitch...I can not wait to read you your damn rights when you get back..Ima let you have it *she laughs* but I hope everything is okay and I love you..We gonna hold it down, boo! Talk to you later *muah*"

Fatima shook her head, laughing at the message. She sent her a quick text to let her know everything was fine and she'd be back in a few days. Jasmine let her know Zac contacted Leah, her assistant and she handled getting the meetings in her calendar rescheduled.

"This man.." she couldn't help but smile.

She sent a text back to Danni letting her know Zac was still there, she was going to shower and eat with him downstairs.
Danni responded immediately.

text from Mrs. Horace👯💕 - GO EAT! love you and call me later...when zac leaves...IF he leaves 😂❤️

Fatima cracked a half smile before getting up and heading to her bathroom. She turned the shower on and undressed herself before looking in the mirror at her naked body. She closely examined herself, relived there were no visible signs of trauma.

Fatima stood straight up, putting her arms alongside her body, closing her eyes and taking slow deep breaths to help calm her nerves. She grabbed her phone, making sure it was connected to her bluetooth speaker before hitting play on "Come In" by The Walls Group.

She stepped into the shower as the song began to play.

"Right in this moment I just feel so far from you
Running out of options and I don't know what I'm gon' do
It's my own fault, Imma take the blame
Tried some new things, they just ain't the same
So I, I'm deciding to leave the door open, walk through..."

From getting involved with Jhalen, who she really had no any business with in the first place to running into the love of her life who she hadn't seen since they walked away from each other a year ago because of some issues they've continually thrown under the rug but she was still so undoubtedly in love with, to now not even sure of her actions from the night before...Fatima
felt like she was started to spiral. She prayed and cried as she scrubbed her body until her skin was red.