23

3 months later...

"Sometimes the rain
Groovin' when I hear the sound
Like you and me, baby
Gettin' down with the sounds around
Oh, the smell of the mornin' flower
As we pass away the hour
I wanna do it again, do it again..."

Fatima hummed along with The Staple Singers, lifting the lid to check on the meatballs in the crockpot. She went to the freezer, grabbing her newest obsession- a pineapple popsicle, removing it from its wrapper and popping it in her mouth before her favorite part of the song came on.

"Sweet love in the midnight, good sleep, come mornin' light" she sung out loud, rubbing her now 16 weeks baby bump.

Since the confirmation of Baby Taylor, Fatima has been on cloud 9. Smiling, singing, damn near floating around the house and Zac has enjoyed every second. Being able to put Jhalen behind her and embrace becoming the mother of his child looked amazing on her.

Today, they decided to host a small gathering and invite everybody over to celebrate the baby together.

Fatima was so caught up in the song, she hadn't realized Zac had walked in the back door behind her from grilling. He grinned, watching her use the frozen treat as a microphone.

"Just gettin' good, just gettin' good
Just gettin' good looovve" her eyes were closed and she never took that hand off her little belly. She dropped her hips to the beat, rocking them back and forth.

"Shiiiiiiit" Zac wiped his hands on a dry dish towel before sneakily dancing up behind her, meeting her hips with his lap. Fatima giggled as he wrapped her up in his arms, them still dancing together in the moment.

He spun her around to face him, holding her hand in his as they kept dancing to the music. Fatima smiled widely at the man before her. The same man she'd witnessed go through so many tests and trials for so long, to the point where they had to walk away from each other, to now..young, successful, ambitious, amazing and the father of her child. It blew her mind everytime.

He finally kissed her, pulling back with a smirk on his face. "You and these damn popsicles" Zac lowered his eyes at her. "Don't do that" She giggled, popping the popsicle between her lips and out again.

"Do what?" Zac smacked his lips, pulling her closer to him. He smiled feeling her bump on his abdomen.

"That shit. Then you walking around in this sundress...gahhhh" he reached down, to grab her ass. "This pregnancy ass is stupid"

"Zac please" she laughed, "It's the same ass"

"Hell no it's not! I be having to think about math equations so I don't bust fast in that shit now"

Fatima laughed and shook her head "You're really insane" she peaked his lips "Your daddy is crazy" she said, looking down at her bump. Zac smirked and kiss her lips this time. "Your mama is too" he said, looking down with her.

*ding dong*

"Can you get that babe? I need to get these sides together" Zac agreed before kissing her one more time and walking out of the kitchen to the front door.

Opening the door, he was greeted by his parents, Darryl and Diana. His mother was holding a Publix bag and a gift and his father was holding a large pan cover in foil and a cake.

"Hey baby" she said, as Zac hugged her and kissed her cheek. "Ooo you smell good son. Tima must have brought you that." she laughed, handing him the bags and walking into the house. "Yeah she did, ma" he laughed, knowing she was going right to find her.

"Pops!"

"What's going on man?" they said shared a small bit of conversation, making their into the house.

When they got to the kitchen, his mama said knelt down, talking to Fatima's belly. Fatima said just laughing and smiling, eating her popsicle.

"Y'all do know this was Fatima's excuse to have baby shower food right? Meatballs and pasta salad is all she wants"

"Well son, she's carrying your baby. She can have whatever she wants" his father said, joining them in the kitchen.

"Right! Besides, this is the first grand baby on both sides" his mother said, washing her hands "Go sit Tima, I'll finish this up for you"

"You sure Mama Di? I can-" Fatima shutup fast when Diana shot her a stern look. "Yes ma'am, thank you ma!" Fatima said, scurrying out of her way, making everybody laugh.

"So, what y'all thinking? Boy or girl?" Zac asked, taking a seat at the kitchen island as Fatima made her way beside him. "Hmm" Diana said, looking down as she sliced the tomato.

"It really doesn't matter..but since you asked, it's gonna be a girl" she laughed "Yes, Grammy's pretty little grand girl"

"I think it's gonna be a girl too, Ma" Zac chimes in, rubbing Fatima's belly.

"No, you want a girl Zac" Fatima playfully rolled her eyes.

"Right..so it's gonna be a girl"

"Son, that's doesn't mean it gonna be a girl" Darryl laughed, shaking his head. "Okay, well if we don't get a girl this time we'll have plenty more tries for one"

"Um" Fatima chuckled "How many more times is plenty more?" Zac smirked, looking over at her "Don't worry about all that..your man good with numbers, preferably double digits"

"Double digits? Oh you been out there behind that grill too long" Fatima shook her head, finishing my popsicle.

"Whatever" he softly kissed her lips, "Dad, come check this grill out with me" He said, jumping up from his seat. "Oh sure thing" Darryl kissed his wife's cheek and followed his son out the back door.

"You know what?" Diana said, looking down at the cutting board.

"I'm so proud of the two of you. I won't lie, when Zac told us you guys weren't together it broke our hearts but we understood and we're just so happy God brought you two to your senses" she laughed a little, "And I'm getting my first grand baby out of the deal?" she did a little dance behind the counter, making Fatima smile.

"Mama Di, I loved your son since day one. We weren't perfect and we went though a lot but I never knew I could love him more than I did then...I'm amazed by us everyday".

"Hey! Look who we found" Zac said, coming through the front door.

"Mommy!" Fatima squealed, jumping down for her stool. "Awe look at my babies" Mama Carol said, meeting her daughter halfway, already having her arms out.

"I know that ain't Diana" she said, rubbing Fatima's belly.

"Girl, you know it's me!!" Diana said, washing her hands and coming around the greet Fatima's mother. They hugged and immediately began walking towards the kitchen and talking with Fatima in between.

"Son, how's it feel to about to be a father?" Fatima's dad asked, walking in the door as he held it open for him.

"Mr B, I don't know if I have the words to explain this feeling..honestly" Zac took a deep breath, looking at his parents, his woman's parents and his glowing, healthy woman. He smiled, shaking his head.

"I'm a blessed man, Mr B. A really blessed man"

______________________

Darryl and Diana Smith - Mr. D and Mama Di

 D and Mama Di