33

please excuse any mistakes, i proofread this mad times..but i always missing something.
~~~~~~~

the beginning of this chapter takes place before Zac returned home in the previous chapter..
_________________

9:00 pm - hours after the baby shower ...

After the energy from the uninvited guest subsided and all the guests had cleared out, Zac grew quiet. He barely said a word when he and Fatima laid together, outside of his continuous apologies regarding how the day ended but around 8pm, he told Fatima he was going to shower and had some business to take care of with Cameron.

Fatima took a deep breath, playing with her nails as she followed Zac to the front door. "You know where every weapon is in this house. If you hear anything and I mean any fucking thing and I haven't told you I'm pulling up, you aim that muthafucka, Ti. Just like I know you can"

Fatima only nodded, constantly rubbing her belly. Zac didn't think anyone would try him on such a level but Rodrick did just show up earlier after being "dead" since his 4th year of incarceration. Zac had just turned 20 when his mother got the phone call, 11 years ago.

Zac looked back at her briefly, studying her movements and breathing. "Go lay down, Ti forreal. You sure you don't want Tiff to come sit with you?" he asked, bending down to kiss her belly through her silk nighty a few times.

In perfect Fatima fashion, she wore her stubbornness proudly. "No, Zachary. I'm fine", Zac sighed at hearing his full name as he looked up. He kissed her belly again, whispering something sweet to it before standing up straight and rubbing the side of Fatima's face. She still said nothing.

As he turned and reached for the door handle, she waddled over in front of him. "Baby wait.." she looked up at him, taking his hand from the handle.

"You have to promise me you'll be careful"
Zac looked down at her, grabbing her head between before his hands, crashing into her lips with so much power it shook them both.

"I will be careful and I will be back Anne, I promise"

She stared into his eyes for a second before stepping to the side, letting him open the door. "Go get some sleep. I won't be long. I love you"

"I love you too" she said before he walked out of the, double checking the locks before he left.

As she watched his headlights back out from the driveway, her phone rung in the pocket of her robe. It was Tiffany.

Fatima: "Hello?" Fatima answered plainly.

Tiffany: "Tima, did Zac just leave?" she had the same annoyed tone.

Fatima took a deep breath, shaking her head as she reached down to get the pistol tucked underneath bench seat in the foyer.

Fatima: Yes. Cam?

Tiffany smacked her lips, "Yup. Dressed in..

"All black" they said together.

Fatima knew exactly where Zac was going. He didn't have to tell her. In that moment she was torn. He didn't understand what Zac was going through but she knew the way he was going to handle it had to stop, especially with a nearly 8 month pregnant girlfriend at home.

_________

Blue Ridge, Georgia