10

2 weeks later...

Fatima sat at her desk, going through a client file for a home she would be showing later that week. She had been through the file a hundred times or more but the perfectionist in her wouldn't let her leave it alone.

The sound of her phone ringing pulled her from her task and put a smile on her face when she saw the screen. She checked her hair once before sliding to answer.

"Hey Annie" Zac greeted her once the call connected.

"Heeyy" she sung, setting the phone up on her desk. "What's up? How's your day been?" she asked, moving the folder to the side. "It's been alright, nothing to complain about but it's even better now I get to see you"

Fatima playfully, rolled her eyes as her cheeks grew rosy and warm. "Stop Zac, distracting me at work".

"Girl bye! You ain't doing nothing today but looking at the folder over and over...which I told you to stop doing"

"You don't know me bro"

"But I do...bro" his tone, mocking her, "You cooking dinner tonight?"

"Um, didn't plan on it but you asking means you want me to and you already have the menu" He just grinned. "What all do you want Zac?"

"Umm" he hummed, looking at as if he thinking. "Zac please, because it's giving Goldern Carrol mindset and I'm not able" she laughed.

"Let's do uh neck bones, cornbread, greens, macaroni and-"

"It's Tuesday Zachary" she stared blankly at him. "What? Okay fine" he chuckled "I'm playing but forreal can you do some more turkey wings like that one time? I don't care about the sides, I'll leave those up to you"

She thought for a minute before nodding "Cajun rice, corn on the cob and green beans?" she asked and he grinned and nodded. "Spoiled ass" she shook her head at him. "Let me know what you need and I'll have to delivered to your house"

"Okay, Honey"

"I got another hour before I head out. You need a bottle of wine?"

"Yes please, I'll work on getting that list sent to you...see you later?" she smiled, looking into the camera. "Always" he smiled back before they ended the call.

For the past 2 weeks, Zac and Fatima have been connected at the hip. From alternating nights between both houses to lunch dates while they were at work, they seemed to have picked up exactly where they left off. Even though they aren't seeing other people outside of each other, neither of them have brought up the discussion of being in a serious relationship again and maybe it was for the best.

*knock knock*

"Friennnd" Jasmine sung while opening Fatima's office door. "Hey girl, you headed out?" Fatima asked, clicking around on her laptop. "Well..I was but" Jasmine started before closing the door

"Jhalen is in the lobby, asking for you and Flora said his face looks weird. You think it's drugs? It's probably drugs"

Fatima rolled her eyes, not taking her attention from the screen. "Why the hell is he here?" Fatima said, getting up from her seat.

Jasmine shrugged, "Flora said he wouldn't say"

"Don't worry about it, I'll handle it"

••••

Once she and Jasmine made it to the first floor, Fatima rolled her eyes seeing the back of his head at the check in desk. "Why are you here?" she asked once she was a few feet from him. Her eyes widen as he turned around and she saw the purple and blue bruises on his face. "Damn" she said, trying not to stare.