16

this chapter will be in Fatima's POV .
___________

• flashback - 6 weeks ago •

"so you and Jay been seeing each other for a while?" i heard behind me, i turned around to see the girl in green the shirt. "uh, kinda" i half asked.

"see, they just friends" the girl with the pink shirt said "she's too pretty for jay" she and green shirt laughed together. i gave a weak side smile and sipped my hen and coke. all i knew about these girls was their men -who were there, were friends with Jhalen, that's all.

i honestly barely wanted to be here but i won't lie, after that blow up at my place and zac storming out with his dramatic ass, i just wanted jhalen's company. i guess..i'd have to wait until this weak ass kickback is over...

"tima!" i heard him call out to me "you good?" he asked, walking up to me. he smelled good, not too good but good.

"oh. yeah i'm straight" i replied flashing a warm smile. "you sure? something bothering you?"

"no jhalen. i'm fine" i looked him up an down. "i'm great" i said, slightly lying. he flashed his teeth at me. they were beautiful.

"you enjoying that weak ass drink you made?"

"weak?" i scoffed "ain't nothing weak about shit over here" i sipped my drink.

"oh i know..everything over there got power" his face grew straight and he licked his lips. um but he cute?

"boy stop" i chuckled, mushing his shoulder. he smiled brightly at me. "i'll be back" he said, getting up, kissing my cheek and walking away. this is cool right? i'm not crying about zac so this is good..i sipped my drink.

an hour later...

2 hen and cokes in.

me and green shirt were on the couch vibing. bouncing to the music, singing and rapping..scrolling on our phones and chatting from time to time. she was cool. i don't know her name but she cool asf.

"Fatima?" she asked

"What's up?"

"If you don't mind me asking, how'd you meet Jay?"

"umm a friend of mine broke her foot and i went to visit her..he was on her floor" i smooth lied. she didn't need to know he works for my daddy.

"awe, that's cute..y'all are cute together" she smiled.

i blinked a bunch of times and plastered a toothless grin on my face, somebody get her chip..it's heavy

"Fatima!" Jhalen came from around the corner. He was loud. He was drinking. "You drink this?" he was holding a bottle peach absolute. i shrugged "yeah" i handed him my empty cup. "i got you" he said.

me and green shirt started talking about WildnOut and how it wasn't funny anymore when it came on the tv screen then Jhalen came back with my cup.

"thank you" i smiled, taking it from
him "ofcourse" he smiled

15 minutes later, pink shirt had joined us and were talking about everything. I usually only get like this when i'm smoking and i haven't since Danni's wedding so i must have caught a contact or something, thick ass smoke.

Jhalen, guy in blue and dude in black walked around the corner. They were talking but I had no idea what about. i sipped my drink, i could taste the orange juice. it was good.

sometime later...

it was late, it was real late. how late? i dont know but the music wasn't playing anymore and everybody was just sitting around on their phones and eating. i don't even remember eating but i saw my plate in front of me and felt the napkin on my hand plus i was full.

i felt good but i was ready to go..then again i wasn't.

i called zac. he didn't answer, soft ass.

i stood up and walked over to jhalen. "i'm going to lay down"

he looked up at me, damn. he was actually kind of fine.

"okay babe" i rolled my eyes

i walked upstairs into his room. he always kept it so clean, it smelled good too.

i took my jacket off and curled up on top of the covers. i don't remember going to sleep but i think i did.......

i don't know if i dreamed it. i don't know if it happened. i can't explain how i don't..i just don't but i saw our naked bodies tussle around the bed. there was no sound. there was no sense of time. i don't know if i felt it. i don't know if i felt anything. it never got hot but i wasn't cold. i think his hands were. i don't know.

when i woke up, it was early. i was even more confused but i wasn't alone anymore. i never got scared, i was just confused. i'm not even scared now. i'm just confused and pissed. real pissed.

i think im gonna be sick

• end  of flashback - 2:14pm - Present day •

"Ms Wilson...Fatima" I took a deep breath as her soft voice snapped me back into reality.

"Uhh. Yeah..I'm sorry" I nervously laughed.

"What-what did you say?"

"Yes" she started looking down at the chart in her hand "You're 6 weeks pregnant Fatima" I tightly closed my eyes and swallowed hard.

"How? I mean..I know how but...still
how?" I was whispering. I didn't know what emotion to speak in so I didn't.

"Even if I took the morning after pill? I mean it wasn't directly after but"... I felt my voice trailing off.

"Well, just like with all forms of contraceptive, there's always that percentage" she said honestly and I knew that already.

"Wow" I felt the breath leave my mouth as I stared at the floor.

"I'll go get you some sonograms" she smiled, lightly tapping my shoulder.

"Wait!" we jumped together "Um I know it's early but would it be possible to know the week of conception?" I asked nervously.

"Sure" she smiles again, with her happy ass and left me alone in the room.

I looked up at the ceiling.

"If it's before the 10th...I don't have to worry about Jhalen"...I prayed.

The 20 minutes it took her to come back felt like 200.

"Well Fatima, we wouldn't be able to see exact dates but it's appears the week of conception was the week of the 10th"

I slowly nodding, biting my lips and holding my tears. She said something about calling me to set up my next appointment and to look into a brand on prenatal medicine I might be interested in.

"Congratulations" she smiled again, handing me three black and white photos.

I waited until the door closed behind her to look them.

My heart dropped seeing a small spect, in the shape of a tiny cashew.

-baby