46

Zac watched helplessly as the passengers doors of a truck swung open, "You sure it's him?" he heard someone ask. The window rolled down while the other guy jogged to where Zac was."Yo, hold the fuck up!!" he painfully hollered "Uhhh" he groaned, clutching his chest as he doubled over against the oak tree.

"That's him Twain! Go get him! What the fuck you standing there for!?" the voice of an irritated woman yelled from the driver side window. Zac fought to keep his eyes open as pain pulsed through his chest. "Oh shit! Twain come on man, we gotta get him up!" the other guy yelled, running towards Zac. His eye sight grew dim as the rain continued pounding around him. "I'm.." Zac tried, gathering as much breath as he could without causing himself too much pain "I'm down here!!" he yelled to the best of his abilities.

"Oh my God" Tierra gasped as her baby's father and his brother, Deon moved as fast as they could getting Zac off of the ground and towards the car "Be careful! He's looks hurt really bad" Tierra yelled over the sound of the storm, leading them back to her truck. Twain held onto Zac's upper body while Deon had his legs and feet. "His shit broken?" Twain asked looking down at him "I said be careful!" Tierra hollered at them while they got him into the 2rd row backseat of the truck without causing him anymore pain. "Hang in there Zac" Tierra said, "We're gonna get you back to Fatima, just hang in there" Zac wasn't able to speak as his chest and rest of his body throbbed with pain. He tried to wet his dry lips but his mouth was too
dry. Zac just nodded and laid his head down on the seat. He felt the truck moving in reverse and his tired eyes slowly began to close..

______________

Hours later..

Operation Room 205

"Blood pressure stable for mommy and baby" a nurse called out as she and two other nurses prepared Fatima for the birth of her daughter. Fatima controlled her breathing, just like she remembered. Everybody dressed in teal pants suits briskly moved around the room, grabbing the various items needed for when Baby Taylor entered the world. Fatima could only see the plastic shield covered faces of Dr Pearl and her fellow pediatrics surgeon, Dr Fawn over the white sheet that separated her from seeing anything beyond her chest. The sound a cold metal clanked against the metal tray as they ripped fresh tools from their packages seemed to echo. The steady beeps from the machines around her made the room feel so empty and cold.

"How we doing mommy?" Dr Pearl's muffled voice sounded over the sheet.

"I can't believe he's not here" Fatima whispered as she closed her eyes, tears streaming down the either side of her face. She held her empty hands out as she began to sob, rubbing her fingers together as she looked over at them. "He's really not here" she continued to sob. Dr Pearl looked up and over the sheet, removing her face shield and blue latex gloves "Fatima, sweetie it's going to be okay" she tried, walking around and kneeling beside Fatima's head. It only made her cry harder.

"Something happened to him" she double sniffed, shaking her head "It stopped storming a while ago" more tears began to fall, "why would they stop looking for him?"

"Fatima, list-"

"Excuse, Dr Pearl. Your needed in the lobby" a nurse kindly interrupted

"The lobby? Chrissy, I'm trying to-" the beep on her watch caught her attention and the message she read brought tears to her eyes. "Fatima.."she started, walking away to check her carts and progress on the monitors while Fatima continued to cry. "I have to grab something really quick and when I get back, we're having a baby, got me?" Dr Pearl said, peeling herself out for the surgery suite. Fatima gave a weak smile and nodded as Nurse Chrissy grabbed a few tissues to wipe her face while Dr Pearl bagged out of the operating room...