6

Horace Wedding Day

6:05 am

The sound of Fatima's alarm woke her from her deep slumber. "Shit" she cursed, touching her head and silencing her phone.

"Ugh" she yawned, slowly rolling her naked bottom over under the sheet to face a beyond knocked out Zac. She lightly laughed as his mouth opened a little in the corner.

"Zac" she whispered, lightly shaking his shoulder "Zachary" she hit his arm but he didn't move "Boy get the hell up..We on a schedule today" she shook him until his eyes opened. He smacked his lips. "It's bright as fuck in here Fatima"

"I don't care about all that. I got makeup at 7:30 but I still gotta go down stairs to snoop around for Danni. Are you going to Preston's suite or-"

"Nah" he rubbed his nose "I got the room for 2 nights" She nodded, "This was supposed be our room from the start anyway"

"Yeah Zac. I remember" Her voice trailed off. "It can still be our room, you know, if you wanted to come back tonight, it'll probably be late and you'll
probably be drinking so you don't need to drive" he said, looking down at her as she laid her head in his chest.

"Hm" she began forming tiny circles on his chest with her finger. "I'm cool with that" "Good" he kissed the top of her silk bonnet and rubbing her back.

They sat in silence, just enjoying a brand new day and each other's presence.

"Even though I knew you were gonna be here, you know last night wasn't the plan right?" Zac asked, breaking the silence. "Zac, I know. It didn't feel planned. It never has"

Zac cracked a smile and nodded before his alarm made then both jump. "Ah shit" they said together, knowing they were officially running behind schedule.

Fatima sat up shaking her head, yanking the sheet towards her body. Zac chuckled as he bent down the sip his boxers on. "Surely you wouldn't be covering that body in front of me would you, Anne?" She looked over her shoulder, wearing a a grin that matched his. "No, it's cold in here and stop calling me that" she said with a fake bashful tone as she stood up.

"Mm hm, well even after a year without it, I still know it like the back of my hand" She cut her eyes at him as he seductively lower his at hers. "and I'm never gonna stop calling you that"

"Hm, I guess I did make you think that, huh?" she poked, looking up at the ceiling before taking off towards the bathroom as he got up, following her. "Shit, that ain't what that ass was saying a couple of hours ago" he said jogging up behind her, lifting her into the air and she laughed while being thrown over his shoulder.

••••

Before the ceremony...

Zac sat in the chair as the barber freshened up his line up. Zac contemplated telling Preston the truth about him and Fatima but he decided none of that mattered for the time being. His best friend was marrying the love of his life in a few hours.

"Aye Zac" Preston said walking back into the room. "You good?"

"Uhh, yeah man. I'm straight" Zac chuckles a little, "I should be asking you that"

"Man listen..I'm nervous as hell. Not about marrying my Danni, I love that girl but I think Ima trip" Preston said, sitting on the end of his bed. "Bro what? You said you been walking since you was 7 months. Why the hell would you trip now?"