28

"Here you go, baby" Zac announced, walking back into the room. "Thank you love" Fatima said, peaking his lips as he handed over the snacks and waters.

"What took so long? Did they say what the hold up was?"

"Umm, kinda..the check in was canceled but I got it worked out and the doctor should be coming in any minute"

Fatima eyed him, unscrewing the lid on her water "Canceled? why?"

"I don't exactly know Fatima." he said quickly, trying to rush the conversation on.

She just scoffed at him before laughing a little "Hm, okay" she tone simple and dry.
Zac sighed, releasing a deep breath from his chest. "You know how I had to call a friend for a favor when we came down here after the situation with ol dude?"

Fatima nodded, not really looking at him "Yes Zac. I remember"

"So the friend I had to call was-"

Just then, the door opened and Dr. Pearl came prancing into the room. "Hey Zac, Hey Fatima" she grinned, side hugging them both as they greeted her. "I want to apologize about the wait. I'm not sure what happened but I have somebody looking into it. Having 3 of my own, I understand why you may be upset with all this Fatima, Zac..and I'm extremely sorry for your experience today"

"Oh Dr. Jalisa, it's fine.." Fatima smiled to her, slowly turning to Zac "I'm sure I was completely out of your control" she said, squinting at him before turning her attention back to the doctor and plastering a smile of her face.

"Well look, I'm not going to hold you any longer...let's see what sex Baby Taylor is, shall we?"....

•••••

After the appointment, Dr Pearl gave them the envelope with the sex of Baby Taylor inside and they decided to open it once they got home and called everyone on group FaceTime. As soon they stepped foot out the building, Fatima asked Zac to finish telling her what he started before Dr Pearl walked into the room.

She sighed before chuckling a little and looking up, "Why didn't you just tell me you and Tierra still talk Zac?"

"We dont! I mean we didn't..baby look" Zac started, taking a deep breath and starting the car. "I haven't actually spoken to her since the whole situation a while back but we still follow each other on IG..I asked her could she pull a few strings for me then and she did. That was all. I didn't know you was beating bitches asses and she happen to be one of the ones you beat" Zac just shrugged before turning to look at Fatima. "When you explained how good they were with you and you wanted to go back, Tierra working there slipped my mind" Fatima still hadn't spoken. "And before you ask, I asked her already..that baby isn't mine, Ti"

Fatima really didn't have much to say. She just knew Tierra had something to do with their appointment being scheduled for 3pm and she hadn't been seen until 4:30. "Okay" was her simple response as he backed out of the parking spot. "Fatima..if you want to find another doctor then-"

"Uh no! I love Dr Jalisa plus I'm half way through this pregnancy, I'm not starting over with another doctor" She rested her back against the passenger seat, rubbing her belly "We're on first name basis too, I don't want another doctor"

"I understand that, so we won't change doctors then" Zac nodded, smiling a little. He felt better about the situation since he didn't have to calm Fatima down too much. Pregnant Fatima was much more level headed, for sure.

"Just don't bring that bitch around me" Fatima said added, rubbing her belly as the baby move twice, "Exactly" she whispered with a grin, tapping the same area.