38

disclaimer: i know nothing about the law and court for real, i'm just making stuff up
so please. don't lol
__________

Jhalen's face seemed emotionless as sat across Zac and Fatima, pondering on the information they had just given him. "So all that shit about this nigga is true?" he asked out loud while Zac was already nodding "All of it. It's all true"

"Where do I come in though? How is any of this important to me if he came looking for you?" his upper lip snared a little as he looked at Zac. His tone was almost bitter and Fatima sensed it. "Well Jhalen, in the paper work Rod had drawn up, it states that Zac is his only living son and as of today, Zac is aware that isn't true. We all know that not all of Rod's business was or is legal but the nigga was smart. I'm not completely sure how yet, probably money but he's got the backings of every state politician from here to the freaking Bahamas and that makes this paper work and everything written in it very much legal" Fatima took a breath before reaching into her purse. She pulled out a few sheets of folded paper and handed it over to Jhalen.

He kept this eyes on her before unfolding the them, "Eyes on the paper nigga" Zac spat as he finally skimmed over them.

"Okay, so?" he shrugged, handing the papers back to her "If I could finish" Fatima rolled her eyes "We also found out that you've known Rod is your father which further means this paper no long holds any value. That is good in someways yet bad in others"

Neither men made a sound as they listened to Fatima talk. All Zac could think about was what he wanted to do to her when they got home.

"The paperwork that has legally binded Zac to something he wants absolutely nothing to do with is officially null and void..but in turn that would only make Rod have this paperwork reanalyzed and a new set would be out in a matter of hours..with your name added, of course. I can tell by the look on your face, you want nothing to do with any of that either"

Jhalen shook his head "After all these years in medical school? Hell no".

Fatima smiles sweetly, "That's good to hear" as replied as Zac looked on in awe "So that means if I leave an address with you, you'll meet us there tomorrow morning at 9am?"

Jhalen was definitely willing but he still had questions and rightfully so. "Can I ask for what though?" Zac opened his mouth to answer his question but Fatima placed her hand on his lap, causing his mouth to snap shut.

"We need this paperwork dismissed. That way if something does happen to Rod, neither of you will be held accountable or responsible for any of his miss dealings regardless of what's been put in place prior to today. It would be left up to him and his lawyer, as it should be"

Jhalen looked at the floor for a moment before he began nodding his head. "What's the address?" Fatima reached into her purse, handing Zac his wallet. His smiled and kissed her cheek before finding a business card inside. He flicked it between his fingers and stood up, handing it in Jhalen directions.

"9am" Fatima said plainly as she gathered herself and Zac helped her to her feet. Jhalen read the card over before placing it in the card slot on the back of his phone.

"9am" he repeated, walking behind them as Fatima lead the way. When he walked around them to open the door, Zac held his hand out making Fatima and Jhalen stop in their tracks.

"I know we didn't start off on the right foot and shit is weird now but I appreciate you. For real" Jhalen wore the same resting look on his face before he shook Zac's hand. "It's all
water under the bridge now man" they shared a brief ounce of a smile while
Fatima silently thanked God for answering another prayer of hers as Jhalen used his other hand to open the front door. There was someone already there waiting.

"Oh my fault" he said to the girl
stand on the other side of the door. She just smiled, holding a Publix bag in her hand "No problem, I should have called before I-"

The girl stopped talking as Zac and Fatima stared at her. "Zac?" she asked, her voice trembling a little at the end when she saw Fatima and her belly.

"Jayda?" Zac asked back while Fatima look back and forth between the two of them.

"How you know my sister?" Jhalen asked making Zac's heart drop.

"Your sister?!"